DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Direction indicator

RWM CONST

Reactions
On my smart controller the direction indicator on the map views points the opposite way the drone is flying , can this be adjusted???, I am new to this it is probably a dumb question

Not sure, but sounds like a compass calibration issue. There is a setting for that. Worth a try.

The Smart Controller also contains a compass. It likely needs to be calibrated.

Reactions: Thomas B
On my smart controller the direction indicator on the map views points the opposite way the drone is flying , can this be adjusted???, I am new to this it is probably a dumb question

Is the arrow is wrong relative to the map, or is the map just oriented incorrectly relative to the direction that the controller is facing?

Is the arrow is wrong relative to the map, or is the map just oriented incorrectly relative to the direction that the controller is facing?
Tap the map on your controller to bring it to full screen and then check relative map vs your orientation. If the arrow points to the actual north your good. Still I calibrated everything when I first got my bird.

Reactions: jerryflah
I figured out with my galaxy s9 if I do a figure 8 with the remote and phone in hand it calibrates it nicely

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580