DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Disable LED auto turn off when recording

Pohara

Reactions
I do drone fishing using the Gannet by DroneFishing.com
The drop system is activated by a photovoltaic sensor on the starboard LED. With C2 button controlling the LED you simply push C2, the LED turns off, the fishing lure is dropped in the water.
So far so good (and drone fishing is very good).
However, since the Mavics record function also turns off the LED, you cannot record the entire experience otherwise the lure will drop.

To be clear, the Gannet drop system activates whenever the LED changes . When it senses a change in light (either from off to on or vice versa) the Gannet release opens, when it senses another change (either from off to on or vice versa) the Gannet will close.

Any tips on how I can disable record = LED shut off function?

The best I can do is set the Gannet to open when I hit record. Therefore I record everything after the bait is released.

Somewhere in Go 4 you can turn off the forward LED's when you are ready to drop.

I know that options can change in different Go 4 versions so I will confirm or retract when I can test. I am using 4.1.15.

Somewhere in Go 4 you can turn off the forward LED's when you are ready to drop.

I know that options can change in different Go 4 versions so I will confirm or retract when I can test. I am using 4.1.15.

I've only seen this on the P4P DJI Go 4 where you can turn the front lights on all the time.
This option is not available when you use the Mavic and the app

Last edited:
The best I can do is set the Gannet to open when I hit record. Therefore I record everything after the bait is released.

I think your stuck with this approach, have you reached out to Gannet ?

This is my favourite drone fishing video from you tube, love how you can actually spot the fish

Reactions: Skylane
I've only seen this on the P4P DJI Go 4 where you can turn the front lights on all the time.
This option is not available when you use the Mavic and the app
I am using Go 4 version 4.1.15 and you can still program the C1 or C2 buttons to toggle the LEDs off and on. I just tested this on my Mavic and it works.

I am using Go 4 version 4.1.15 and you can still program the C1 or C2 buttons to toggle the LEDs off and on. I just tested this on my Mavic and it works.

Yes you can do that, the problem is while in record mode , the C1/C2 switch can't turn on the front lights thereby dropping the bait, the front lights can only be turned on again by C1/C2 only after the recording has been stopped.

In this case the op will need to stop recording when he wants to drop the bait, use C1/C to drop it , then start the recording again, this is a bit messy

Yes you can do that, the problem is while in record mode , the C1/C2 switch can't turn on the front lights thereby dropping the bait, the front lights can only be turned on again by C1/C2 only after the recording has been stopped.

In this case the op will need to stop recording when he wants to drop the bait, use C1/C to drop it , then start the recording again, this is a bit messy
I just tested it and it works perfectly. First get into camera settings and turn off the "Front LED's Auto Turn Off" option. Then the LED's are no longer connected to the camera function. Using the C1 or C2 button you can turn on and off the LED's at will regardless of camera use.

Last edited:
I just tested it and it works perfectly. First get into camera settings and turn off the "Front LED's Auto Turn Off" option. Then the LED's are no longer connected to the camera function. Using the C1 or C2 button tou can turn on and off the LED's at will regardless of camera use.

Ah right, that's the extra step I was missing , disabling the light function in the camera settings

Reactions: Lapeer20m
Great Video man
Where r u

I used to pay surfers to swim my baits out a few hundred feet from the beach in South Padre Island in Texas

One night he came back and showed us a bite out his board about 18” wide
He left
Never came back

Lol

I just tested it and it works perfectly. First get into camera settings and turn off the "Front LED's Auto Turn Off" option. Then the LED's are no longer connected to the camera function. Using the C1 or C2 button you can turn on and off the LED's at will regardless of camera use.

Hello, can You please let me know where to find these options in the camera settings? I am also using the Garnet system and have the same issue with the lights switching off.

Those are very helpful links...here is the last piece of the puzzle:

From the main screen, click the video camera option icon

8E1C9183-6B75-4F97-B5B0-34829BE1BFBF.jpeg

That will open the menu, click head led auto turn off.

FF9F819B-6639-4063-9FDB-20C30BF342EB.jpeg

I am an avid gannet user. Before I figured out how to do this...I found that removing the sd card also disables this function allowing one to record the bait release to the iPad (or smart device) without the recording affecting the status of the front led.

Reactions: Kuben
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi