DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Disconection Issues with MA after the latest DJI go4 update on 21st May 2018

vedkontho

Reactions
Guys, I have been facing something strange which I cant explain. After the app updated, I have been facing quite odd disconnection issues with the MA. Strangely the app freezes and says lost signal with no streaming video,and the app refuses to respond to any touch, but the remote controller still has the green light on, and it can control the aircraft. Though very basic controls, it can still move the aircraft.

One issue in particular, I was taking a active track in the profile mode of my family, the aircraft was only 15 m of the ground when suddenly the app froze saying lost signal. I restarted the controller, app, but the video feed never came back even though the remote had the green light on. Now I saw that I could move my aircraft sideways and up and down, but cudnt move forward( which cud be due that the aircraft was still in profile track mode which I had set it to before it weirded out). Thankfully I found an open area and lowered the MA, still she wasnt landing, she was hovering, I held it with my hand and then stopped it.

This disconnection has happened 3 times after the above incident each time while aircraft was in one hand and the controller in the other, I have also been having the motor current overload, check propellers msg when i am descending full speed.

Is someone else out here facing similar issues. Maybe u cud point me to a thread that discusses it.

Last edited:
Since my aircraft was in sight I could guide it to safety, I wonder what could have happened if I was taking a 200m dronie above a cliff and the aircraft disconnected while out of sight.

Is it the app after the update or something wrong with my aircraft.

Considering switching over to litchie if thats a viable alternative.

Well you state this happened after an app upgrade so if that is the only change I would say you are onto something. You could try and roll back to a previous app version depending on your flavor of operating system that is used on your device(s)

I also have this problems. Before the update to 4.2.16 I can flew more than 7000ft without AC disconnection. But now about 2000ft it's happened and no video feed. This is the same route I flew before. Very scary, the aircraft RTH luckily.

Before
After

I going to roll back to 4.2.14 and see if it's true.

What mobile device are you using? It seems every update has been more demanding than the one before. Many Mini 4 users started having problems after the last update. We forget how much work we are asking our phone/tablet to do. I’m willing to bet within the next few updates if you don’t have an A10 chip you’ll be grounded.

What mobile device are you using? It seems every update has been more demanding than the one before. Many Mini 4 users started having problems after the last update. We forget how much work we are asking our phone/tablet to do. I’m willing to bet within the next few updates if you don’t have an A10 chip you’ll be grounded.
I am using the snapdragon 810 chip on the oneplus3. Its the equivalent of an iphone 7/7+

My MA has gotten a lot worse after upgrading the firmware to version 0400, especially in the preview lag (footage on the phone - iphone 7 Plus)

I am using the snapdragon 810 chip on the oneplus3. Its the equivalent of an iphone 7/7+

I’m sorry, I don’t know much about Android devices. If it’s on par with iP 7 it should be good. With iOS I have good results by doing everything I can to lighten the load on the processor. Heat seems to come in play also, so try without a case and keep out of direct sunlight if possible. See my replay to TZero below, any thing you see there that can be applied to Android might be worth a try.
Also, I have not used the latest version of DJI GO, I normally use a CrystalSky.

My MA has gotten a lot worse after upgrading the firmware to version 0400, especially in the preview lag (footage on the phone - iphone 7 Plus)

The 7 should be fine. I’ve not used the last release of Go but with other recent releases I have good results with the following. It won’t hurt to give it a try.

To improve overall iPad/iPhone performance
Turn off auto brightness
Turn off automatic download updates
Turn off all notifications
Turn off background app refresh
Make sure you have as much free storage as possible

To improve iPad/iPhone flying performance (as part of my preflight)
Remove device from case
Close all running apps (force close)
Turn off cell service
Turn off Bluetooth
Turn off WiFi
Turn off device
Turn on device
Adjust volume to max
Adjust brightness to max

If not needed turn off video cache in Go app.
Any thing you can do to lower the demand on your iPhone and anything you can do to keep it cool will help.

Reactions: dxtrty
I also have this problems. Before the update to 4.2.16 I can flew more than 7000ft without AC disconnection. But now about 2000ft it's happened and no video feed. This is the same route I flew before. Very scary, the aircraft RTH luckily.

Before
After

I going to roll back to 4.2.14 and see if it's true.
Did you roll back yet? Notice any changes

I had a similar experience for the first time yesterday. I was in wide open, mostly flat ground and went out 8000ft. and was returning on the same route and elevation with about 4500 ft. to go when I suddenly lost all video and telemetry. This was no typical signal loss due to distance or obstacles that I've seen before. I rebooted the controller and immediately got a connection. The drone did appear to have started an RTH by backtracking the route initially. But I cancelled the RTH and flew it home in sport mode with no further issue. I also flew for about an hour today with no issues.

Reactions: gupppy
I am using Mate 10 pro Kirin 970 chip with AI which claimed better than the iPhone X chip. I feel more comfortable flying with 4.2.14. I will also use Essential Phone Snapdragon 835 chip to test the 4.2.16.

I am using Mate 10 pro Kirin 970 chip with AI which claimed better than the iPhone X chip. I feel more comfortable flying with 4.2.14. I will also use Essential Phone Snapdragon 835 chip to test the 4.2.16.

Keep in mind that it's not just the speed of the chip but how the software is optimized for the chip. Benchmark speeds are a useless marketing ploy.

Guys, I have been facing something strange which I cant explain. After the app updated, I have been facing quite odd disconnection issues with the MA. Strangely the app freezes and says lost signal with no streaming video,and the app refuses to respond to any touch, but the remote controller still has the green light on, and it can control the aircraft. Though very basic controls, it can still move the aircraft.

One issue in particular, I was taking a active track in the profile mode of my family, the aircraft was only 15 m of the ground when suddenly the app froze saying lost signal. I restarted the controller, app, but the video feed never came back even though the remote had the green light on. Now I saw that I could move my aircraft sideways and up and down, but cudnt move forward( which cud be due that the aircraft was still in profile track mode which I had set it to before it weirded out). Thankfully I found an open area and lowered the MA, still she wasnt landing, she was hovering, I held it with my hand and then stopped it.

This disconnection has happened 3 times after the above incident each time while aircraft was in one hand and the controller in the other, I have also been having the motor current overload, check propellers msg when i am descending full speed.

Is someone else out here facing similar issues. Maybe u cud point me to a thread that discusses it.
Have you got litchi installed. With my Mavic Pro I use litchi and it's been interfering with the dji go app for my spark when I fly that I couldn't figure out what was going on I kept getting disconnections all the time when I was flying my spark and I uninstalled litchi and flew my spark again and didn't have disconnections again installed litchi again and they came back.

Same issue on my S9+ with the latest version. Seems to be app related. If I fly with an older one, it's a LOT more stable.

Try the following on the phone
Settings
Apps
Find "Litchi"
Select "Force Stop"
Then "Litchi" should not interfere with DJI GO.

I do not understand why app that do not need to run in background does not close it self when exits the app. Just laying there eating memory and giving other problems.

I had very similar issue after using APS , I would say exact same problem but it was with the previous firmware, so I just think its a glitch still has not ben addressed if you have this issue with new update. So far I’m having zero issues with my S9Plus...

I have experienced a video signal loss and freeze 2x with my Mavic Air and an iPhone 6. In both cases it occurred following active track just as it did for you. DJI suggested that I send them a screen grab when this happens, but it is a challenge to screen graph on an iPhone 6 with a hood mounted. It is all to easy to disconnect the cable to the iPhone 6 when you try to do this.

In both cases I was able to fly it home visually in sport mode and safely land it. That said, it is scary to effectively go blind in the app. My feeling is that this must be a programming bug with the latest upgrades(s) associated with active track. I don’t use Litchi. I have since used Active Track twice with no problem, which makes this all the more difficult to pin down.

I have had it to, I think. I'm not very experienced, but my solotion was to disconnect RC-cable for a few seconds, reconect it and then I got the picture back.

It hapend a couple of times, and it was allways quite close, just between 30-150 meter.

Hope this helps or give some ideas to get you going.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS