DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Disheartened

Australian $2300 for Mavic 2 Pro is about the same cost as here in Sweden. Same with Mavic 2 Zoom.
I think the price is pretty much the same everywhere.

UK works out $100 more than the US which is less than the normal difference. We're used to getting ripped off in Europe.

DigitalRev (grey market) is $150 cheaper than the UK.

They did kind of standardise the world wide price for this which is why i tried (and seemingly failed) to order one direct off DJI rather than waiting until i got to Malaysia next month.

UK works out $100 more than the US which is less than the normal difference. We're used to getting ripped off in Europe.

DigitalRev (grey market) is $150 cheaper than the UK.

They did kind of standardise the world wide price for this which is why i tried (and seemingly failed) to order one direct off DJI rather than waiting until i got to Malaysia next month.

The way it works in the US is that their prices are without VAT (unless Ebay etc). This is my observation but I noticed that it varies a lot depending on where you buy.
Here in Europe VAT is baked in the price.

The way it works in the US is that their prices are without VAT (unless Ebay etc). This is my observation but I noticed that it varies a lot depending on where you buy.
Here in Europe VAT is baked in the price.

To an extent yes and if you buy in a shop that is indeed true.
Two things though - their VAT is substantially lower than our 20% but also, online orders you dont pay it.

As many others have mentioned, get the Mavic Air. It's an extremely capable craft for its size and price point and right DJI, dealers and official resellers are all running the "Back to School" promotion that DJI has right now which provides very nice additional value with your Mavic Air purchase.

Hope you can get into the tech but don't push beyond your means when there are other very capable options. Best of luck! :cool:

As many others have mentioned, get the Mavic Air. It's an extremely capable craft for its size and price point and right DJI, dealers and official resellers are all running the "Back to School" promotion that DJI has right now which provides very nice additional value with your Mavic Air purchase.

Hope you can get into the tech but don't push beyond your means when there are other very capable options. Best of luck! :cool:
Roger that...I saw an ad from DJI store that if you buy an AIR you get another drone, I forget which one, for free

I understand sarcasm just fine, I'm usually the one spouting it. Unfortunately I've also seen my share of inane things posted. It's a fine line. I guessed which side you were on and was wrong.
Sir that was very "stand up" of you(don't see alot of that these days)... thank you...Be safe, fly smart!

I received my zoom Tuesday 8/28. after upgrading the firmware and charging the batteries (I bought the fly more kit) my first flight went great (I didn't do much still have it in beginner mode, mostly up and down in the same spot, rotate and zoom).

Last night however my phone/kept disconnecting. The physical controller on the top screen said it was connected but the dji4 app kept saying disconnected. I don't know what it wrong. I got it to take off and hover 5 feet off the ground and then it disconnected which meant I couldn't do anything (make it land etc). Eventually It connected and I got it down but it was kind of scary not having control, tried rebooting the phone/controller etc. same outcome. I am not sure it it is the cable, phone, controller, or drone. I have a samsung galaxy Note 8. I have not had a chance to try a new phone yet (my son and wife both have pixel 2 XLs). Any thoughts?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661