DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Displaying native HLG (HDR) M2P files on 8K OLED, astonishing!

Go for it Ken! Of course if you're into the technical side, the other thing I forgot to mention is that HLG records natively in Rec2020 color space, not the old Rec709 and as I don't have an HDR monitor, my clips are still color graded and mastered on Rec 709. "The Rec. 2020 (UHDTV/UHD-1/UHD-2) color space can reproduce colors that cannot be shown with the Rec. 709 (HDTV) color space" Rec. 2020 - Wikipedia

So I am STILL not seeing the absolute, full potential of a color-graded HLG Rec2020 project! I note Black Magic have just released some new HDR monitors but they are all still ridiculously expensive.
Thanks Chris,

Strangely, I remember when rec2020 was in its infancy. I was around at the beginning of digital video, having migrated from NTSC, PAL, and even SECAM. I still have a copy of Video Demystified, one of the earliest digital video bibles. One of my problems is it has been a while and what I have retained is fairly minimal.

I appreciate your passion for perfection and will cheer you on from the sidelines.

Ken

Reactions: christangey
UPDATE July 16: Just received a Judges commendation in the video category in the 2019 Drone Awards for the above M2P film "An ancient land". Congratulations to fellow winners and finalists out of 4500 entries from 107 countries this year.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike