DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI 18W charger, can you use Apple 18W one?

Drony_Drone

Reactions
The DJI 18W charger from fly more pack here in UK is a bit bulky with the pins.

Can you use any 18W charger? Just Apple have one with foldable pins that I like. It’s USB-C but can easy get a cable for microUSB.

Looking at the DJI charger it has specs written on saying output 5V-3A/9V-2A/12V-1.5A.

The Apple one however only says output 5V-3A/9V-2A (PD)

So not sure what difference is with Apple having missing 12V-1.5A on, or if makes a difference?

18W USB-C Power Adapter

As far as I know the Apple 18W charger complies to USB-PD standard whereas the DJI one is based on the QC 3.0 charging protocol. This means that you can use the Apple charger, but you won't benefit of the fast charging feature .....

As far as I know the Apple 18W charger complies to USB-PD standard whereas the DJI one is based on the QC 3.0 charging protocol. This means that you can use the Apple charger, but you won't benefit of the fast charging feature .....

Ah ok, wasn’t sure what the DJI one was. Looking at the specs I thought they’d be the same. Power delivery (PD) I thought was more wide spread now.

So DJI is best way, ok pity I thought I’d found a better charger for packing away.

Thanks

Try it before deciding not to use it. It may work adequate for you. If the lights flash quickly then you are all set. If flashing slowly, not. Good luck

I charge my mini batteries with several different Chargers, none is the original that came with it. From battery packs to wall outlets and car chargers, with good success. Minimum 5 Volt 2 Amp. Make sure the cable will handle the amperage, they are not all the same. The supplied white cable will handle it.

You'll get about 10-12W instead of 18W, will still charge if you're not in a rush, just takes longer. If you're buying a QC3 charger, spend a few bucks extra and get a 24W variant if you want it to charge a little quicker.May as well if you're buying a charger.

It was more for the convenience factor and maybe being able to squash it into the fly more case tbh.

The Apple 18W fold down, so was hoping it would fit. Here in U.K. we have big awkward pins. Don’t think the DJI one will fit in the fly more case?

Just it’s the only thing that I would need to be able to fit in and then have complete package in the case for travelling etc.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avster