DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Great inespensive accessory for MM

• Thread starter Deleted member 109934
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 109934

Lately, I have been flying a lot, 3 batteries were not enough I got 2 more, still not enough for full-day trip. My remote and the phone was getting super low on power, to the point I was uncomfortable.

I went to a local electronics shop and noticed power banks on the shelf. After looking at list 30 of them I got 2 of the puppies below for 35$ each (35 CAD)

ICAN 20000mAh Super Quick Charge QC & PD 18W Power Bank (F2002PD)

Here is why:

They offer a true fast charging port at 12v 1.5A, which is 18W which is max what DJI charger can do. I also like the fact that it has a display of current and voltage, some other banks claim they are fast but if you check them they only do 5X at 2.1A which is standard, not fast.

I got two because one will charge batteries and other will charge phone and controller, and I do not have to keep my car running to charge.

Yesterday I had 3 Mavic mini batteries 19%, 24% and 29% after charging them fully, power bank was still at 23%

If you are using fast charging chargers make sure you cable supports it, not all cables do, many will just charger at 5V 2.1A I tried 10 different cables only 2 were 12v at 1.5A

I also got a Benks Mini Q Hand Warmer 6000mAh it can act as power bank, it very quickly heats up to 50-60C and holds 50C for 3-6 hours (depending on the temp), saved my frozen hands yesterday and kept batteries warm in my pocket. This gizmo was so nice I went back and got another for my daughter.

IMG_6240 (1).jpg

IMG_6244 (1).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6245 (1).jpg
    IMG_6245 (1).jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: CareyL and JS1600
Good ideas. Also a good reminder that those wimpy cables will not charge full power. There’s a reason for those heavy duty cables in the MM combo.

Lately, I have been flying a lot, 3 batteries were not enough I got 2 more, still not enough for full-day trip. My remote and the phone was getting super low on power, to the point I was uncomfortable.

I went to a local electronics shop and noticed power banks on the shelf. After looking at list 30 of them I got 2 of the puppies below for 35$ each (35 CAD)

Here is why:

They offer a true fast charging port at 12v 1.5A, which is 18W which is max what DJI charger can do. I also like the fact that it has a display of current and voltage, some other banks claim they are fast but if you check them they only do 5X at 2.1A which is standard, not fast.

I got two because one will charge batteries and other will charge phone and controller, and I do not have to keep my car running to charge.

Yesterday I had 3 Mavic mini batteries 19%, 24% and 29% after charging them fully, power bank was still at 23%

If you are using fast charging chargers make sure you cable supports it, not all cables do, many will just charger at 5V 2.1A I tried 10 different cables only 2 were 12v at 1.5A

I also got a Benks Mini Q Hand Warmer 6000mAh it can act as power bank, it very quickly heats up to 50-60C and holds 50C for 3-6 hours (depending on the temp), saved my frozen hands yesterday and kept batteries warm in my pocket. This gizmo was so nice I went back and got another for my daughter.

View attachment 86931

View attachment 86929
Where did you find the high charge rated cables. I can't seem to find any?

Thanks for sharing. I really like the hand warmer (backup charger.) Do you know if they have a on-line site they can be order from? (I guess I should ask where you bought them?)

According to my phone and tablet, all my micro and C cables support rapid charge. If they are only at 5v, they just say "charging". My USB 3 to C cables have to be pulled out of the charger slightly or they won't charge at all.

Disclaimer: my Tab A often won't negotiate fast charge with my generic QC chargers, but I found that's a common problem with Samsung where a reboot of the tablet rectifies the issue.

Where did you find the high charge rated cables. I can't seem to find any?

I just went to the local electronics shop (with all kids of cheap electronic components) and tried all USB cables they had in their bins. Generally thicker USB cables will support fast charging.

Reactions: CareyL and Capt KO

Here is why:

View attachment 86931

View attachment 86929
Thanks for sharing ??????

Here is why:

View attachment 86931

View attachment 86929
I just went and bought one power bank and one for each of my kids. They are QC 3. This is not mentioned in the advertising. Great tip!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78