DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI 4.1.18 crashes on IOS 11.2

same issued on my Go4 app crashing every 30 sec to a minute on iPhone 7 plus with latest iOS and latest Go4 app.
still looking to solve this issue.... Call DJI tech support and they told me that bugs on the apple iOS and apple will release a new version
within a month and will solve that issue.

same issued on my Go4 app crashing every 30 sec to a minute on iPhone 7 plus with latest iOS and latest Go4 app.
still looking to solve this issue.... Call DJI tech support and they told me that bugs on the apple iOS and apple will release a new version

What I found is the drone is requiring a firmware update. Don't go past the first screen until it asks you to update. Once updated the software no longer drops like that. Make sure you are at a place where you have a good internet connection. This was the same for me and a friend on mine that flies with me.

I see I'm not alone with this problem! I just got a new iPad mini4 to fly my MP. Go 4 has been crashing on it regularly since installing it. Rather unsettling for a new drone pilot like myself. So far, I have tried deleting the video cash and switching the video cash off as recommended here. At first it didn't seem to make much difference, so I uninstalled Go 4 and reinstalled it. Since doing that, so far, it seems to be stable and hasn't crashed again YET! Keeping my fingers crossed.

Reactions: k3vnnyork

This is what i've experienced today: Go 4 app continuously crashing iPhone 7

I had both DJI go apps crash after flights yesterday . Inspire 1 and mavic. I could only get first page. I’m using old app 4.0.6 on three iPads. Only one iPad crashed the apps the other two continued to work. I upgraded the iPad to 11.2.3 and the apps came back.

Same happens to me. iPhone 6 s Plus. Never happened before. It must be the latest DJI GO App.

Slightly OT but this latest iOS 11.2 has me seeing red - it is more or less insisting that I setup ApplePay.
Don't need it. Don't want it.
Yet I have no way of opting out. Big red numero uno on the settings icon to let me know that it requires my attention, the text disingenuously says I need to "finish setting up your iPhone".
The final straw was this morning I went to text my wife that I made it in ok (raining and I ride a motorcycle) and I couldn't because I had a full page ad telling me how wonderful ApplePay is!
The arrogance! I had to get out of and reenter messenger to clear it.
I paid a lot of money for this phone and I detest they think they can coopt and subvert it to their ends - not mine.
</rant>

And they wonder why people jailbreak devices.... its just like watching TV at home, I pay for TV service already (used to be free at one time) and still have to watch commercials (double dipping), making a 40 minute show last a whole hour. They even have channels that are in my list that are nothing but 24 hour a day commercials.

Reactions: Brojon
Ummmm...apparently you didn't see my post. I don't have any problems now. It's resolved.

I'm having the same issue on IOS 11.2 or whatever iteration of the latest version of that is, it just updated today, and updated my DJI Go 4 app and its now crashing as well. It was crashing with the DJI Go 4 version one before this one, I updated because it started crashing. I AM however running older firmware (700) for my parameter mods, I haven't tried turning off video caching or airplane mode yet. However prior to today (flew yesterday no issues) I have never had a single issue with this ipad and the DJI Go 4 app crashing not even once.

I'm having the same issue on IOS 11.2 or whatever iteration of the latest version of that is, it just updated today, and updated my DJI Go 4 app and its now crashing as well. It was crashing with the DJI Go 4 version one before this one, I updated because it started crashing. I AM however running older firmware (700) for my parameter mods, I haven't tried turning off video caching or airplane mode yet. However prior to today (flew yesterday no issues) I have never had a single issue with this ipad and the DJI Go 4 app crashing not even once.

Yeah...i had no problems with crashing BEFORE this past Friday with iOS 11.1 on my iphone 7+ and go4 app at 4.1.17 (not the latest....and then all of a sudden that Friday it starts crashing every 20-30 seconds. So all I did later was update my iOS to 11.2 and all is good. No problems at all. My Mavic firmware is at 01.04.0000 (it's not the latest). And I never fly in airplane mode...because I never had to.

Similar issue here. The Mavic will take off and fly but the app will crash mid flight. If I restart app while flying it comes back up like nothing happened. Happens every 30 secs to 1 mn. I also noticed today some of my flight records aren’t showing up.

Luckily I can still fly and get home.

This is day 2 for me with the Mavic.

Even when I open the app without connecting to the Mavic the app still crashes.

I am using a iPhone 7+ running 11.1.2 and DJI go4 app 4.1.18
Yes I have the same problem. I have a IPhone 5se, The app crashes all the time.
Please fix it quick DJI, I have The Mavic & Spark.

Yeah...i had no problems with crashing BEFORE this past Friday with iOS 11.1 on my iphone 7+ and go4 app at 4.1.17 (not the latest....and then all of a sudden that Friday it starts crashing every 20-30 seconds. So all I did later was update my iOS to 11.2 and all is good. No problems at all. My Mavic firmware is at 01.04.0000 (it's not the latest). And I never fly in airplane mode...because I never had to.

Seems like I had downloaded the last IOS update but it didn't install - installed it and ran the app with no issues, although I didn't try connecting to the aircraft yet or flying yet. Just a bug I guess in either the Go 4 app or IOS's last update.. as long as it works! I do some pretty long distance flights sometimes and don't need app crashes for sure!

Last edited:
Seems like I had downloaded the last IOS update but it didn't install - installed it and ran the app with no issues, although I didn't try connecting to the aircraft yet or flying yet. Just a bug I guess in either the Go 4 app or IOS's last update.. as long as it works! I do some pretty long distance flights sometimes and don't need app crashes for sure!
[emoji23] [emoji23]

Reactions: cderoche
The new app, DJI GO 4 (VER 4.1.18) is crashing on my iphone 7 plus.
It wont even stay running long enough to submit a support ticket.
This happens both with the Mavic Pro connected as well as with the app running by itself.
has anyone found how to fix the app crash?

I am looking for answers other than try uninstall and reinstall the app, roll back to a previous version, or maybe it is a conspiracy.
I need to use my Mavic for photographic jobs and cant afford the downtime.

I have now taken the new "test" and aced it 4 times, but it seems to keep coming back. WHY?????
Update, the test seems to have quit coming up but the app crashes about every minute or sometimes less.

Is there any chance that the "test" is not being recognized as being completed and is shutting down the app?

THE PROBLEM STARTED WITH THE LAST UPDATE.
This happens both with the Mavic Pro connected as well as with the app running by itself.

I am looking for answers other than try uninstall and reinstall the app, roll back to a previous version, or maybe it is a conspiracy.

I have now taken the new "test" and aced it 4 times, but it seems to keep coming back. WHY?????
Update, the test seems to have quit coming up but the app crashes about every minute or sometimes less.

Is there any chance that the "test" is not being recognized as being completed and is shutting down the app?

had the same problem on my iPhone 7+. Just installed the iOS 11.2.1 update and it seem like dji go4 4.1.18 is stable now.

This is happening to me and a lot of other people. Is DJI doing anything to resolve this? Just curious if anyone got it resolved.

I regret not being an active member here and wish I had seen this thread yesterday :(

Today I lost my Mavic because of this app crash. In hindsight maybe I should suspect every single update of any kind (mavic, app, and phone!) and do very controlled testing before heading out... but let's be realistic, nobody does that. I thought I could trust the app...

full story: Catastrophic app failure -- result, Mavic lost :*(

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman