DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Aeroscope Scanner

If you haven't noticed, we live in a land of laws. Don't break the law, and you have NOTHING to worry about for cripes sake. I mean really, stashing a phone and drone 8 miles in the woods? What are you up to and how old are you?

Don't break the law, and you have NOTHING to worry about for cripes sake. I mean really, stashing a phone and drone 8 miles in the woods? What are you up to and how old are you?

Do you still believe in wizards?

I mean really, stashing a phone and drone 8 miles in the woods? What are you up to and how old are you?

I honestly don't know what my age has to do with the issues under discussion. You seem very superficial. But if you are that interested I am 28. This was taken at area 51 last summer.

1539658781078.png

I honestly don't know what my age has to do with the issues under discussion. You seem very superficial. But if you are that interested I am 28. This was taken at area 51 last summer.

View attachment 50322

Oh, so you really have nothing to offer on this forum.. do you? "You seem to be superficial"? Do you even know what that means? Only a crazy paranoid person would stash a drone and phone 8 miles in the woods so as not to be caught by what? Are you growing weed some where? Got a meth lab set up? Grow up Chipper.

The Aeroscope, is not available for purchase by just anyone so I doubt that your drone will be tracked by anyone other than licensed authorities

The main problem with aeroscope is it shows the weaknesses in the transmission protocol. Which basically means at some point it'll be reverse engineered and 3rd party devices will be available to anyone and not just authorised users

I wonder when a hack will come out that spoofs all those things the Aeroscope looks for? But then how could you thwart their attempts at taking control? Hmmm

Anyone running kismet with the right wifi card can read DJI AeroScope data.

Their protocol was cracked wide open a year ago.

You can also spoof the drone ID data too :rolleyes:

https://department13.com/dev/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Anatomy-of-DJI-Drone-ID-Implementation1.pdf

Yay DJI...

Hey now....wait a minute! What's wrong with growing a little weed somewhere? :po_O

Have you seen my picture? (yep that's really me) Do I look like I have a problem with a little weed?...Ha. Just wondering about why a "cell phone and drone stashed 8 miles in the woods", it's gonna drive me crazy.

Reactions: Drone_guy
Wait a minute......... What are you saying????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :D
Ha ha, I have to go easy on him AC, I REALLY want to know why this guy is stashing a duplicate phone and drone? Unless it's bull, he lied about his age that's right below his avatar...ha.;)

That is why I take shall we say, precautions... I have back up Mavic and cell phone stashed in woods 8 miles away which everyone tracks leaving me to fly 2nd mavic under the radar...

View attachment 49953

Oh, so you really have nothing to offer on this forum.. do you? "You seem to be superficial"? Do you even know what that means? Only a crazy paranoid person would stash a drone and phone 8 miles in the woods so as not to be caught by what? Are you growing weed some where? Got a meth lab set up? Grow up Chipper.

I am surprised that you took seriously my comment about stashing one Mavic in the woods 8 miles away and use another Mavic to "fly under the radar." Did you see no clue I was joking? Did you also think I was serious when I said I was 28 year old blonde with a picture taken at Area 51? Are you really that gullible?

Last edited:
I am surprised that you took seriously my comment about stashing one Mavic in the woods 8 miles away and use another Mavic to "fly under the radar." Did you see no clue I was joking? Did you also think I was serious when I said I was 28 year old blonde with a picture taken at Area 51? Are you really that gullible and full of yourself?
WHAT? thanks for blowing it for me. Ignore my PM telling you that you were hot. I just threw up in my mouth a little...... :D
First with the outing Wizards, and now this..........

WHAT? thanks for blowing it for me. Ignore my PM telling you that you were hot. I just threw up in my mouth a little...... :D
First with the outing Wizards, and now this..........

When you can snatch the pebble from my hand, you will be enlightened Chip!

acOj, I sincerely apologize. I did not mean to mislead you. If it makes you feel any better, what you wrote to me was mild compared to some of these guys. Good grief I was trying to suggest that some of you be a little less gullible when it comes to blindly trusting government and a foreign corporation to protect your privacy and freedom but the point got lost in translation. Or maybe not.

BTW it may be hard to believe but I was raised by Shaolin monks in conditions very similar to those depicted in Kung Fu. That is why I asked you if you watched it.

Last edited:
Do you ever wonder if those slide switches actually do anything? Who knows? On could mean on and off could still mean on. It might just be a false feeling of being protected. Just sayin"

Consider DJI's own slide on the matter:

1539841996852.png

Consider DJI's own slide on the matter:

View attachment 50619
The point probably really is that the downlink protocol for all DJI AC’s is already in the public Domain. Your telemetry can be sniffed out by anyone who is desirous if doing so with garden variety hardware. You don’t need an aeroscope unit.

It also puts them as illegal in the upcoming EASA/EU new drone legislation that demands command link encryption between the drone and operator.

Ultimately they lied, the command channel is not encrypted and is not secure. Which also means that anyone with a HackRF and a bit of knowledge can build their own.

It also puts them as illegal in the upcoming EASA/EU new drone legislation that demands command link encryption between the drone and operator.

Ultimately they lied, the command channel is not encrypted and is not secure. Which also means that anyone with a HackRF and a bit of knowledge can build their own.
Are you sure there is no encryption? There is a difference between no encryption and encryption that has been broken. There is no suggestion that the methods which are said to allow the downlink to be captured (aeroscope type performance) might also provide for third party control of the AC.

I want someone to show me they have done it? Show me the proof??
The white paper is cool, but I see no, and have heard of no, implementation......
Show me how to do this....

The funny part of this thread is that everyone here worried about privacy when flying their drone probably has an active smartphone in their pocket, or on their controller.
Roger that boss...in today's world all our electronic " smart" devices rob us of any privacy we think we might have... be safe, fly smart

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhilTone