DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Aeroscope Scanner

Are you sure there is no encryption? There is a difference between no encryption and encryption that has been broken. There is no suggestion that the methods which are said to allow the downlink to be captured (aeroscope type performance) might also provide for third party control of the AC.

Well for aeroscope to work it means there is no end to end encryption between the RC and the drone. If there was, Aeroscope wouldnt and couldn't work.

The very fact it DOES work and without user compliance as they state means that link isn't secure. Either its not encrypted at all or its encrypted with a static pre shared key (which means its trivial to acquire).

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Let me pose this question to you: Would you feel the same way if Toyota collected all the same personal data (including your contact information) on when/where/how long/etc you drove with your Corolla, even if you were driving the whole time by the rules? Would you mind if Toyota produced a small device that allowed any of your neighbors to collect that same data on your vehicle and see it for themselves? If this circumstance is completely different (in terms of privacy concerns), why is it different?

I'm not being snarky here. I'm genuinely curious what people would think about that and why, for drones many people seem to have no privacy concerns on behalf of the operator. (Lots of people have concerns about privacy issues for individuals that might be viewed from above by a drone but not for the operator).

So first of all, most cars that have any kind of navigation in them or "onstar" if you want to call it that, already do exactly what you are posing. No other people can't see it, but then again with Aeroscope not every Tom, **** and Harry is going to be able to buy one. So the ones that are able to get them, are doing so because they need to protect a specific location and have the authority to do that.

I was at a conference yesterday and some folks from a DJI dealer and the Police department were there demonstrating the Aeroscope. They said that #1 it only works with DJI products, so if you are flying a Yuneec for instance, they can't see it on Aeroscope. Also, your information is already being transmitted and picked up even without Aeroscope. The same folks showing that said that Telemetry is going downlink from the bird to your controller and phone and is already being transmitted out in real time through a data stream if your phone is connected to a cellular network. So they can see the bird location and the user location without Aeroscope, it just takes a little more time to get that data. The next step, and we heard this from the guys at Kittyhawk, is in the LAANC system, they are going to use that stream over cellular to identify you and put your data on the map real time. They are already doing it in some instances and locations where it is being tested. That is why both Airmap and Kittyhawk are pushing you to use their app to fly your bird.

I am surprised that you took seriously my comment about stashing one Mavic in the woods 8 miles away and use another Mavic to "fly under the radar." Did you see no clue I was joking? Did you also think I was serious when I said I was 28 year old blonde with a picture taken at Area 51? Are you really that gullible?
You look good for your age, and even got a UFO in the background. Post or pre?

Reactions: Mr. Salty
acOj, I sincerely apologize. I did not mean to mislead you. If it makes you feel any better, what you wrote to me was mild compared to some of these guys. Good grief I was trying to suggest that some of you be a little less gullible when it comes to blindly trusting government and a foreign corporation to protect your privacy and freedom but the point got lost in translation. Or maybe not.

BTW it may be hard to believe but I was raised by Shaolin monks in conditions very similar to those depicted in Kung Fu. That is why I asked you if you watched it.

No, just a troll looking to be a weirdo... doing a good job too.

You look good for your age, and even got a UFO in the background. Post or pre?

Cheech I thought I was clear, I am not the young woman whose photo was taken at Area 51 right when the UFO flew by. I do not have a belly piercing and acOj did not really pm me, nor did anyone else from the forum.

People posting stupid things? Waste of time... my time.

Are you talking about the Kung Fu video clips or what? You really should watch those again because there is some wisdom for the ages including letting go of displaced anger.

acOj, I sincerely apologize. I did not mean to mislead you.
BTW it may be hard to believe but I was raised by Shaolin monks in conditions very similar to those depicted in Kung Fu. That is why I asked you if you watched it.

No need to apologize, I forgave you just before I went to put you on ignore. :D
at least I still have Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny..... I will miss Wizards though, no thanks to you.
I was raised by wolves, very similar to how Tarzan was raised by apes. Nobody wants to believe me about that most of the time either. In person, I just growl and bite them.. :D

People posting stupid things? Waste of time... my time.
OOOOps! Sorry Cheech!

I think its time to get back on topic, before someone else gets cranky.

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
I wish I understood at least 4% of the post but unfortunately I have no ‘F-ing’ idea what any of this mean therefore I’m easily tracked and watched I suppose LOL.
Awesome post though [emoji39]

Cheech I thought I was clear, I am not the young woman whose photo was taken at Area 51 right when the UFO flew by. I do not have a belly piercing and acOj did not really pm me, nor did anyone else from the forum.
Are you SURE that's not you? I thought for sure it was, I believed everything you said, why wouldn't you be a 28 year old blonde if you wanted to be?

@ac0j There ARE wizards, don't fall for an admitted liar (Jokester) words. Did you ever see those Harry Potter documentaries?

..I was at a conference yesterday and some folks from a DJI dealer and the Police department were there demonstrating the Aeroscope...

I would love to go to one of these demonstrations. I would try and very subtly get in a few questions like:

Under what legal authority is the police department using the device?

Are there federal, state or local laws or regulations which currently govern its use?

Is this a warrantless search?

What about any internal guidelines, policies or procedures governing use? Are those public records?

What data is stored, who has access, and for how long?

Is device borrowed, purchased or leased?

Is there a written contract or NDA of any kind with DJI?

Why? Because as some famous person once said ....

If you haven't noticed, we live in a land of laws...

I would love to go to one of these demonstrations. I would try and very subtly get in a few questions like:

Are there federal, state or local laws or regulations which currently govern its use?

What about any internal guidelines, policies or procedures governing use? Or those public records?

You must really want attention. I wouldnt stand there boldly asking those questions, because they are certainly going to want to know what you are up to. And you will be subject to this "attention" you reject.

I remember that famous person. I like his movies, Up In Smoke, and some other ones..
if you remember, his buddy Chong used to drill the police like that, and look how that worked out!

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
acOj, I did say "subtly." Very important modifier here. You must flow and be like water. Like in that scene from Kung Fu where the kid walked across the rice paper and made a lot of noise and tore the paper. AcOj, when you can walk across the rice paper without making noise or causing damage, then you will be ready.

If someone publicly demonstrating an aeroscope took offense to such questions or was the slightest bit defensive would it not be fair to say:

Don't break the law, and you have NOTHING to worry about for cripes sake...

What about any internal guidelines, policies or procedures governing use? Are those public records?

Whoa... thought we were letting it go? Bug off.

Then you SHOULD go to one of those demonstrations... keep us posted.. a true drone hero here folks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom