DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

adsklfjads;lfkj3

Reactions
Hello,

I made an account to share my experience with a brand new Air 2S. After the unboxing it immediately required a firmware update which was successfully installed using the DJI Fly app.
After that I have flown it several times at different locations. I am very pleased with the IQ.

Yesterday I saw a message in the DJI Fly app (iOS) that a FlySafe update was required. I installed it and tried to fly. I got an error message saying: Unable to take off (Code:30064). I tried it in several locations where it had a strong GPS signal but it kept giving the error.

Some things I tried to solve the issue:
- Refresh firmware with DJI Assistant 2 (both drone and controller) multiple times
- Reinstalled DJI fly app
- Used other iPhone
- Calibrated IMU
- Calibrated GPS
- Used two other batteries (Fly more combo)
- Tried with iPhone in airplane mode

If I would restart the drone and hold the joysticks in take off position the propellors would spin really fast (just like it would when taking off) but then after 0.5 seconds it would stop and give the error.
After a third refresh of the firmware the app displayed this message again: Flysafe requires update. I didn’t select update and tried to take off. Gave same error (30064). Went back and selected update. After it was completed I tried again to take off without succes.

I have already sent it in for a replacement. But it really annoys because I have no way of knowing for sure what caused the error. The only thing I could think of is that the second Flysafe database update has something to do with it. But then it is weird that several firmware refreshes couldn’t solve it.

Has anyone else had this problem with their DJI Air 2S (or other drone)?
And what do you guys think caused the problem?

I was running these versions:
- AC firmware 02.04.1640
- Flysafe database 01.00.01.21
- App version 1.4.0

Last edited:
I had the exact same thing happen, exactly as you posted, Brand new straight out of the box, updated firmware to the drone and 3 x batteries, then it would not take off, inside or outside.

I could get the propellers going for about 0.5 of a second then they would stop and no restart

I had the exact same thing happen, exactly as you posted, Brand new straight out of the box, updated firmware to the drone and 3 x batteries, then it would not take off, inside or outside.

I could get the propellers going for about 0.5 of a second then they would stop and no restart
Good to hear that I’m not the only one. Did you also return it?

Talked to customer support for about an hour, got nowhere, told me to try stuff id already done, re-installing app, refreshing firmware via DJI assistant 2, checking propellers.
1 time I managed to hover it inside, but as soon as I landed it, back to not being able to take off again.
Looking to return it tomorrow.

They seem to be aware of it and are working on a quick fix. I tried an update this morning, and none were available which indicates the update has been pulled. Expect a new firmware update shortly that will fix the drones. On the DJI forum it appears that the drones affected use the DJI assistant app hooked to a computer. But perhaps those who did an over the air update have also been affected.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada