DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI AIR 2S (FCC Posting)

I was thinking the same thing. I've also seen speculation that it's fixed f2.8 AND f2.8 - f11. Frankly, if it's fixed aperture, it's a pass (with a 1" I'd expect variable aperture, but we're talking about DJI here...)
i think they're gonna keep the variable aperture for their Pro line

New Rumor says
  • 5.4K30p Video

• 4K60p, Video

• FHD 120p Video

• 12km range

• 31min flight time

Fixed aperture. Bah.
Still be getting one though.

OK, I'll toss the question out, perhaps its obvious.. when you shoot 5.4K Video, your still going to wind up down-rezzing it to 4K... Or you have to up-rezz to 8K for the one in a million people that might have one of those...?

specs from manual

Takeoff weight - 595 g
-Max Flight Time - up to 31 mins
-Operating Temperatures - O - 40 C
-Operating Frequency - 2.400-2.4835 GHz,
5.725-5.850 GHz
-Transmitter Power (EIRP) 2.4 Ghz: 5.8 GHz
-Camera
Sensor 1 " CMOS, Effective Pixels: 20 MP
-Lens - FOV 88 degrees, 35 mm format equivalant, 22 mm, Aperture f/ 2.8, Focus Range 0.6 to infinity
ISO Range - Video 100-3200 (auto), 100-6400 (Manual)
Video - 1 Obit: 100-800 AUto, 100-1600 (Manual)
Photo- 100-3200 (auto), 100-12800 (manual)
Electronic Shutter Speed - 8 - I /8000 s
Max Image Size - 20 MP: 5472x3648, 3:2,
Video Resolution-
5.4k: 5472x3078 24/25/30 p
4k Ultra HD; 3840x2160 24/25/30/48/50/60 p
2.7 k: 2688x1 512 24/25/30/48/50/60p
FHD 1920X1080 24/25/30/48/50/60/120 P

Remote Control (Model: RC231)
Operating Frequency - 2.400/2.4835 GHz,
5.725-5.850 GHz
Max Transmission Distance - 12 km (FCC) 8 km (CE/ SRRC/MIC)
Operating Current /Voltage1200mA @ 3.6V
(Android); 700mA @ 3.6 V (i0S)
Operating Temperature Range - O -40 C (32-104 F)
Transmitter Power (ERIP) 2.4 GHz 5.8 GHZ
Intelligent Flight Battery
Capacity - 3500 mAh
Voltage- 11.55 V
Operating Temperature Range - 0-40 C
Transmitter Power (ERIP) 2.4 GHz 5.8 GHZ
Intelligent Flight Battery
Capacity - 3500 mAh
Voltage - 11.55 V
Type - LiPo 3S
Energy - 40.42 Wh
Charging Temperature Range - 5 to 40 C
Max Charging Power - 38 W

Yeah. Boo. Ah well. I kind of expected that. I've ordered an Evo II Pro 6K - blinky iris is a must.

I'm still looking forward to seeing what the A2S has to offer.
Just my 2 cents, slews of other pilots using drones that have a fixed aperture (not to mention slews of other cameras not on drones) are generating excellent video and photos routinely.

Spending several hundred or more for a drone that has a "blinky iris" for a potential modest gain in video/photo quality.. does not seem to be the best money spent.. Now if that model does something else that you absolutely needed nice... but I've watched slews of video from the Air 2 and Mini 2 that I thought were excellent. The Air 2S may raise the bar a little more..

So can we assume it's OCUSYNC 2 and not 3 ? Def same controller a MA2. Smart Controller compatible? Still trying to figure out if it is the same physical size as a MA2. Enough onboard memory for native WAYPOINTS? So many questions! :)

So can we assume it's OCUSYNC 2 and not 3 ? Def same controller a MA2. Smart Controller compatible? Still trying to figure out if it is the same physical size as a MA2. Enough onboard memory for native WAYPOINTS? So many questions! :)
Until all the details are announced in a couple days, I would not assume anything

it’s probably very close in size to the MA2, why does this matter?

Since it’s more than likely using Fly , I would not expect waypoints.

I’d look for a new version of Fly this week.

Will have occusync 3 for eventual FPV Goggles. Question I have is whether we can still use the same RC for mini 2 and MA2 for the MA2S?

Just my 2 cents, slews of other pilots using drones that have a fixed aperture (not to mention slews of other cameras not on drones) are generating excellent video and photos routinely.

Spending several hundred or more for a drone that has a "blinky iris" for a potential modest gain in video/photo quality.. does not seem to be the best money spent.. Now if that model does something else that you absolutely needed nice... but I've watched slews of video from the Air 2 and Mini 2 that I thought were excellent. The Air 2S may raise the bar a little more..
You make my point: raising the bar a little more isn't nearly enough for many of us. The MA2 and A2S bar is well below where I need it. The M2P and P4Pv2 get me by, but it's way late in their life cycles to buy one of those.

My drone fever dream is for Blackmagic Design to team up with DJI and offer Blackmagic Raw (.braw). A good sensors with 11 or 12 stops of contrast in .braw limits worries about exposure, color temp, gamma, and saturation. Drool.

ps: I can't imagine myself having a conversation with an Art Director asking for me to step down the iris, only to explain I HAVE to land, take a light shot, swap ND filters (or turn a VND), and then, because we're being professional, re-calibrate the gimbal after futzing with it. Going "click" on the remote...just better for everyone waiting for me to do my job.

You make my point: raising the bar a little more isn't nearly enough for many of us. The MA2 and A2S bar is well below where I need it. The M2P and P4Pv2 get me by, but it's way late in their life cycles to buy one of those.

My drone fever dream is for Blackmagic Design to team up with DJI and offer Blackmagic Raw (.braw). A good sensors with 11 or 12 stops of contrast in .braw limits worries about exposure, color temp, gamma, and saturation. Drool.

ps: I can't imagine myself having a conversation with an Art Director asking for me to step down the iris, only to explain I HAVE to land, take a light shot, swap ND filters (or turn a VND), and then, because we're being professional, re-calibrate the gimbal after futzing with it. Going "click" on the remote...just better for everyone waiting for me to do my job.
I guess its way below your bar I guess.. and I while I could be wrong, you could bring your best and throw it along with the same shots from different drones and most people would go Meh... Because the difference is not that great, and spending hundreds or thousands more on that capability does not make sense..

If your in an industry that demands the largely unseeable perfection of some art director than by all means spend as much as you need to get what you require..

Many people are here for the hobby, not for demanding results of a professional in some specific job.

Reactions: Droniac and Sayenah
Even assuming that it is the same controller hardware (at least from what has been seen up until now) with different firmware, I would still think the controller would have a different model number to distinguish between the versions.

I don't think a MA2 controller would necessarily be compatible with A2s, or vice versa unless some feature of the fly app would allow switching back and forth between the protocols with a setting.

Even assuming that it is the same controller hardware (at least from what has been seen up until now) with different firmware, I would still think the controller would have a different model number to distinguish between the versions.

I don't think a MA2 controller would necessarily be compatible with A2s, or vice versa unless some feature of the fly app would allow switching back and forth between the protocols with a setting.
Right now that is possible with the MA2 & Mini2, same controller for both birds. Not as easy to switch as with the Smart Controller, but it works. If it is OS2, then hopefully it will be added to the list of Smart Controller operated aircraft. If that becomes true, then it is likely that the same controller for all "Consumer" drones will be the norm, and maybe a switching mechanism within the fly app to switch between them could be in the future.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FloⒶlerta