ActiveTrack 4.0
Support for FPV Goggles V2
OcuSync 3.0

EyR8djUU8AEeTzx.jpg

EyVsNQJUcAADn1R.jpg

EySByJeUYAI1XZ0.jpg

EySByJgVcAAofq2.jpg
EySByJeVIAAeEXf.jpg

Looks like the same controller from there outside.

No details on this box except same batteries.

I’m hoping for Goggles V2 support and Smart Controller support, but that would suggest both OccuSync 2&3 support, and it seems more likely to be one or the other.

Wondering if it will be C2 marked for compliance with the A2 class in the new EU rules. Would be very disappointing if it’s not.

Only one question runs into my head:

If the controller of the Mavic air 2s is similar (or the same) to that of the Air2 ?? Could the Mavic Air 2 also become Ocusync 3.0 ??
Could they have changed the hardware so much to make it compatible with this new standard OR is it just a software update ?? What is the difference between OcuSync 2.0 and OcuSync 3.0 ???

Only one question runs into my head:

If the controller of the Mavic air 2s is similar (or the same) to that of the Air2 ?? Could the Mavic Air 2 also become Ocusync 3.0 ??
Could they have changed the hardware so much to make it compatible with this new standard OR is it just a software update ?? What is the difference between OcuSync 2.0 and OcuSync 3.0 ???
I am going to shamelessly copy paste Brett8838’s post

Much higher Transmission Power for FCC mode (these numbers don’t look significantly different but this is a huge difference in power as the scale is logarithmic.)
31.5 vs 26 dbm

More than 4 times higher max frame rate.
120vs30

Higher minimum resolution, though lower max resolution.
810 vs 720/1080

Much higher bitrate
50Mbps vs 12 Mbps

Much lower latency
28-48 vs 120-130ms

Not in the specs but I believe Occusync 2.0 used a bandwidth of 20 MHz and 3.0 uses 40 MHz but I could be wrong.

Overall it’s a large upgrade especially for FCC. You can see where DJI has focused more on the quality of the transmission over brute distance.

Occusync 3.0
  • Transmitter Power (EIRP)​

• 2.400-2.4835 GHz
  • FCC: ≤ 31.5dBm
    CE: ≤ 20 dBm
    SRRC: ≤ 20 dBm
    MIC: ≤ 20 dBm

5.725-5.850 Ghz
    FCC: ≤ 31.5 dBm
    CE: ≤ 14 dBm
    SRRC: ≤ 25.5 dBm

• Low-Latency Mode: 810p/120fps ≤ 28ms
    High-Quality Mode: 810p/60fps ≤ 40ms
  • Max Video Bitrate​

• 50 Mbps

Occusync 2.0
  • Transmitter Power (EIRP)​

• 2.400-2.4835 GHz:
    FCC: ≤26 dBm
    CE: ≤20 dBm
    SRRC: ≤20 dBm
    MIC: ≤20 dBm

5.725-5.850 GHz:
    FCC: ≤26 dBm
    CE: ≤14 dBm
    SRRC: ≤26 dBm
    • Latency (depending on environmental conditions and mobile device)​

• 120-130 ms
    • 720p@30fps/1080@p30fps
  • Max Transmission Bitrate​

• 12 Mbps
It is a hardware upgrade from the looks of it.

So thank you. It's possible they changed both radio SDR inside to have much more bandwidth. Yes you are not wrong 40MHz could be ok for 50 Mbps. It's also possible they also changed something in the radio modulation to achive that bitrate.

I am editing my post..

In CE it is the ETSI that decides the characteristics the transmitter must have as in the USA the FCC.
The ETSI says that non-spread spectrum modulations must not exceed 20MHz of bandwidth and OFDM is not spread spectrum.
So I doubt that in CE none of us will see the differences between Ocusync 2.0 and Ocusync 3.0

Last edited:
the rumoured sensor is disappointing.... an Air 2 with the camera of the M2P would be the ideal drone for me
I was thinking the same thing. I've also seen speculation that it's fixed f2.8 AND f2.8 - f11. Frankly, if it's fixed aperture, it's a pass (with a 1" I'd expect variable aperture, but we're talking about DJI here...)

Reactions: Claretcass
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78