DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI announcement Oct 11- new Mavic?

Based on the video it appears to make sense that it’s a new camera but it also appears that it’s something that can be mounted not only on a drone but also on some sort of handheld device like the Osmo
if you look at all the different pictures in the video some are definitely handheld, While others are obviously shot using a drone

It’s possible that they’re going after the GoPro Hero market, I can’t imagine they would compete against themselves by introducing a drone with a removable camera system similar to the GoPro Karma because the Mavic Pro has proven so successful in that arena / market

That being said it would be sweet if they offered a new Mavic (2) drone with a removable Camera utiling a 1 inch sensor and a 20 megapixel lense that has a detachable mount that could easily be placed into an Osmo-like hand held device

But I’m voting x7 zenmuse

Someone posted this...

New I2 camera (with zoom maybe?) makes sense, and hopefully the long awaited Osmo handle for I2 cameras.

22196037_1982345022022099_1686111850373395095_n.jpg

Do we know what time this announcement is due to be made?

Is there a website to watch the announcement live? sorry if this has already been discussed

I think DJI created the video to crowdsource free ideas for what they should make next. I want a Mavic Rhodium Elite!

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Well, Where's the announcement. It's past 5pm PST time already.

Last edited:
Its only compatible with the inspire 2, I hope the next Mavic we get control over the aperture.
Doubtful given the dimensions they operate within.. I don't think I'd want to have a mechanical shutter that tiny and fragile on something that is prone to shakes and the occasional bump.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun