DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI APP CLARIFICATION

hdjones

Reactions
Hello fellow Mavic flyers...

First, please bear with the length of this post. I only recently bailed from my Yuneec Typhoon H and converted to DJI and the Mavic Air 2. As a real estate photographer and now retired RV traveler, I realized I MUST change platforms as the footprint of the H took up too much space and took far too much time and energy to calibrate each time I changed locale. And so, my H was sold and I'm now an extremely satisfied DJI convert. I do love MA2! This little bird is solid as a rock.

That said, I've found all the various DJI apps very confusing and haven't had much luck researching to satisfy my curiosity. Just to illustrate, I have an Asus Zenpad 8 and couldn't get it to connect with my MA2 only to discover I had accidentally downloaded and installed the Go 4 app on my Zenpad. Boy, was I mad at myself when I tracked that down! Once I corrected to FLY, my tablet now works perfectly. And yes, I understand all I need to fly MA2 is the DJI Fly app, but coming from the H where I had very detailed waypoint programming and upload capability, I would like to replicate that with my MA2.

So, help me out here....

1. From what I understand the Litchi app is designed for waypoint missions. Will Litchi work with the MA2, and will that allow fully pre programmed Google map missions to be uploaded to MA2?

2. Just what is the DJI Go 4 app used for?

3. What is DJI Pilot app used for and does it work with MA2?

Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately, as the Air 2 is so new, there are currently no 3rd party app options. Litchi is a great app for waypoints but it currently does not support the Air 2 yet. This won’t happen until DJI releases the SDK (software development kit) for interested parties to be able to program applications of their own for the Air 2.

Before that happens, it MAY be possible that DJI releases waypoints functionality on the Fly app themselves. This would be by way of a firmware/app update..

Go4 is the other DJI control app that some other drones use.

Unfortunately, in the meantime it’s just not possible.

1. From what I understand the Litchi app is designed for waypoint missions. Will Litchi work with the MA2, and will that allow fully pre programmed Google map missions to be uploaded to MA2?

So far neither MA2 nor MM (two drones which use 64-bit Fly app instead of 32-bit Go4 app) are supported by Litchi. DJI haven't released SDK for them yet, therefore not a single third-party app can support them at this point. Rumors and speculations abound, most seem to suggest SDK will be released this fall, and of course it will take some time to update Litchi if/when it is released. I suspect we will not see MA2 - Litchi integration until the next year.

2. Just what is the DJI Go 4 app used for?

Same as Fly app, to control the supported drones, including their respective cameras and TXes.

3. What is DJI Pilot app used for and does it work with MA2?

It is used to control enterprise drones such as Matrice lineup, P4 pro and I believe M2E. It has some provisions for waypoint-guided autonomous missions, same as Litchi. MA2 isn't supported and most likely never will be.

Reactions: hdjones
The SDK has not yet been released by DJI. It is possible some features may work, but just which features??? Like many others, the waiting game has begun!

Reactions: hdjones
Thanks to you all... info much appreciated. That's pretty the much what I presumed to be the case with Litchi. Like so many others, we'll just have to wait and see ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki