DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI App disconnecting

johnsonatx

Reactions
Brought my MP to Martinique (arrived yesterday). Updated FW before I left and did a test flight to update no fly db. App disconnected on test flight at home in Texas and I had to restart phone and app for it to reconnect. Thought it was a one time thing. Now 5-6 flights in and this issue is reoccurring. Going to try another phone tommorow. Im running a Pixel 2XL with latest Oreo OS. Might downgrade FW as I brought laptop with me. Going to try another phone tommorow. Just wanted to ask to see if anyone has encountered same issue. Thanks

Brought my MP to Martinique (arrived yesterday). Updated FW before I left and did a test flight to update no fly db. App disconnected on test flight at home in Texas and I had to restart phone and app for it to reconnect. Thought it was a one time thing. Now 5-6 flights in and this issue is reoccurring. Going to try another phone tommorow. Im running a Pixel 2XL with latest Oreo OS. Might downgrade FW as I brought laptop with me. Going to try another phone tommorow. Just wanted to ask to see if anyone has encountered same issue. Thanks

Same issue for me. Here's my recommended steps for resolution.

Use a USB cable from bottom of controller to phone.

If you don't have this cable, then turn Bluetooth off, airplane mode on.

Seems like this has been a problem for months and no clear resolution. I even replaced stock cable with braided cable but still lost connection between controller and my iPhone every few minutes.

When I use cable from USB at bottom of controller I’ve never had a problem.

Reactions: johnsonatx
For most Android phones, Oreo fixed many of the crash issues associated with Nougat. I'm running a Google Fi Nexus 6P. On Nougat my phone crashed on every flight. So I started using an old LG-G2 with KitKat, and it never crashed once. On Oreo ~ my 6P hasn't crashed once. Please do try another device, but you might also want to try a better USB cable from the controller to the phone. Not all cables are equal. I had numerous crashes with the stock USB-C cable, so I got a good 1ft cable from Amazon. Using the bottom USB port on the controller to my 6P seems to have fixed all issues.

Just wanted to give an update and say thank you. The disabling bluetooth and enabling airplane mode seems to have done the trick. I have now done 15+ successful flights around the island without any major disconnects

Reactions: copterbob
Just wanted to give an update and say thank you. The disabling bluetooth and enabling airplane mode seems to have done the trick. I have now done 15+ successful flights around the island without any major disconnects
Hmmmm - I will try that. I've been getting disconnected messages with both GO4 and Litchi with 3 separate cables attached at the bottom port since I use an iPad Mini 4.
Never had this issue until the last round of upgrades. This issue being on Android as well as iOS sort of points the finger at DJI.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claude72