DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji app shuts down over lake!

Outtyhere

Reactions
Just flew with note 8 and had major problems. It doesnt record or save recordings over a 3 minutes. In flight app went black several times over a lake!! Scary stuff. My note 4 worked great. Whats my issue?

Reactions: Chipmunksky
Clear cache, uninstall app and reinstall.

You start recording... what exactly happens at the 3 minute mark?

Reactions: Former Member
Clear cache, uninstall app and reinstall.

You start recording... what exactly happens at the 3 minute mark?
Actually i just noticed i have a vid with 3 min and 21 secs. What i noticed was after flying i have the shorter test vids here but none of my vids i actually wanted. So there isnt a certain time per say. Thanks for the tip. I think when i switched to my note 8 it changed my settings a little. I noticed camera brightness was really dark and do these settings look right?
8cbffbbfe617cc5f15bd84b211cf5f5c.jpg

Is that my problem for the video not recording the longer vids? And would they be somehow saved on the micro SD in mavic?
No. The cache size has nothing to do with the video that is recorded on the SD card of the Mavic. The cache is a lower resolution (720) video saved on the phone itself.

Reactions: Former Member
I see that now after i cleared cache. All of my smaller vids are gone or not playable. Thats fine because they werent anything special.

So would the videos be on the mavic and not my phone because of largest video recording capacity cache setting was only at 2g? Thanks though for the info.
No. The cache size has nothing to do with the video that is recorded on the SD card of the Mavic. The cache is a lower resolution (720) video saved on the phone itself.

Are you looking at your SD card or the videos on the device? I try to keep my device cache clear after every flight, and always refer back to what's on the SD card.
Im just looking at the my phone recordings. Ive never looked at the micro SD in mavic because i thought they would have the same vids/pics but higher quality. No?

Im just looking at the my phone recordings. Ive never looked at the micro SD in mavic because i thought they would have the same vids/pics but higher quality. No?
What is on your phone depends on the cache settings, connection quality, and phone capacity/capabilities. The original, high-quality recordings are on the micro SD card in the Mavic. You should retrieve those from the card as soon as possible and delete from the card to make space available for new recordings. Some reformat the card in the Mavic each time.

What is on your phone depends on the cache settings, connection quality, and phone capacity/capabilities. The original, high-quality recordings are on the micro SD card in the Mavic. You should retrieve those from the card as soon as possible and delete from the card to make space available for new recordings. Some reformat the card in the Mavic each time.
Is it possible i have videos on my mavic card that didnt show up on my phone ?

Is it possible i have videos on my mavic card that didnt show up on my phone ?
Happens to me all the time something is missing on phone but everything always on card on the bird. Recently only videos show up on phone, no photos. I think it depends if you open them while you are connected to drone or not, but I am not sure. I don't think I changed my cache settings, it seems to work differently every time, I am sure I will figure it out with time.

Reactions: Outtyhere
Disable the following setting in DJI GO to disable caching:

DJI-GO-Cache-Locally-When-Recording.jpg

If you were previously caching the recorded video locally, then clear the video cache to free up storage space on your mobile device.

DJI-GO-Clear-Video-Cache.jpg

Reactions: mad monkey
Everyone is spot on, I wouldn’t really be concerned with ANY files saved locally as they are simply previews if you will that will dramatically differ from the original recordings saved to SD card. The files on your SD card are the real recordings if you will, I would however delete and reinstall app as suggested. If problem continues I would reformat SD card using your home computer. And if still continues possibly try another SD card. For whatever reason I have personally seen SD cards be the root of dozens of issues you wouldn’t think would have ANYTHING to do with it, yet it is almost always the problem. Best luck to you all I can say is ANSWERS TO ANY AND ALL QUESTIONS AND OR PROBLEMS WILL BE FOUND HERE.

Reactions: Outtyhere
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair