DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji app shuts down over lake!

Yup ~I turned off my cache long ago, as I only want the high resolution clips from the SD card. The cache - for me at least - is just a useless gimmick.

Yup ~I turned off my cache long ago, as I only want the high resolution clips from the SD card. The cache - for me at least - is just a useless gimmick.
Useless? How else would you see what was recorded immediately after recording? Maybe i dont understand correctly

Useless? How else would you see what was recorded immediately after recording? Maybe i dont understand correctly
I also turned caching off. It helps my underpowered tablet keep up. To view recordings immediately I just pop the SD card in my tablet and view off of it then.

Just flew with note 8 and had major problems. It doesnt record or save recordings over a 3 minutes. In flight app went black several times over a lake!! Scary stuff. My note 4 worked great. Whats my issue?
That would be just the video feed, so you still have control of the craft, watch the telemetry info on the controller to identify direction and altitude. Fly it home or long press the RTH button.

Reactions: Outtyhere
I've never had the need to view the clips "immediately" after recording. Eventually... sure. Immediately... not so much :)

That would be just the video feed, so you still have control of the craft, watch the telemetry info on the controller to identify direction and altitude. Fly it home or long press the RTH button.
Thank you!

I've never had the need to view the clips "immediately" after recording. Eventually... sure. Immediately... not so much :)
And if you are an immediate kind of person you buy a powerful tablet to use so caching isn't an issue. Plus 90% of the time you're flying by screen anyways so you'll see what's being recorded

Reactions: Qoncussion
Caching on the phone can sometimes cause lag and other issues within the go app. Disable caching, clear it and try again should be more productive
I agree you have the point cache must be cleared to reduce laggy

Reactions: Outtyhere
I agree you have the point cache must be cleared to reduce laggy
I guess the main reason why i like the cache is to have my filmed shots available to me on my phone without doing any downloading, transferring and uploading. If the mavic works better with having cache off then thats the way ill set it.

Is there a standard setting list for the whole mavic anywhere for noobs like me?

I guess the main reason why i like the cache is to have my filmed shots available to me on my phone without doing any downloading, transferring and uploading. If the mavic works better with having cache off then thats the way ill set it.

Is there a standard setting list for the whole mavic anywhere for noobs like me?

"If the mavic works better with having cache off then thats the way ill set it."
It's not the Mavic that will perform better, your smart-device will.

Reactions: Dave Maine
Actually i just noticed i have a vid with 3 min and 21 secs. What i noticed was after flying i have the shorter test vids here but none of my vids i actually wanted. So there isnt a certain time per say. Thanks for the tip. I think when i switched to my note 8 it changed my settings a little. I noticed camera brightness was really dark and do these settings look right?
8cbffbbfe617cc5f15bd84b211cf5f5c.jpg
At a minimum shut off "Record Audio with Video Cache".... My tablet can't handle it. View the video's on the SD card. You'll be amazed at the quality...... Best of Luck !

It's up to you sir, The only way that can justify this thing is that the Gadget itself.. The Higher the Price the Greater quality is :) But try to search for more information.

What audio does it record? Just a bunch of blade noise? Or the app noises? I've been wondering
It turns on the mic on your phone/tablet to record your voice, but the audio is only attached to the low-res cached version of the video on your device. Audio on the Mavic's SD card remains silent.

Reactions: mad monkey
What audio does it record? Just a bunch of blade noise? Or the app noises? I've been wondering
It records what noises are heard by you on the ground, people around you talking, things you may be saying... it's the recorder for your phone/tablet. I keep it off and my tablet runs smoother. I do attach a 360 camera to my Mavic and fly it around. It creates a 360 degree video and audio. It's an amazing video and annoying audio.... but it's fun.

Yeah, if I'm going to clog my tablet with sound recording I'd rather sound and screen with like du recorder or something At least then I'd record telemetry etc

No. The cache size has nothing to do with the video that is recorded on the SD card of the Mavic. The cache is a lower resolution (720) video saved on the phone itself.
Question? If I turn off all caches will it still send data to AIRDATA App?? Thanks for any help.

Question? If I turn off all caches will it still send data to AIRDATA App?? Thanks for any help.

As far as I know, that is not cached data, rather it is the log information. So I'd say it should not be an issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580