DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI App vs AirMap or B4UFly App

JMagnus

Reactions
A friend of mine just purchased a Mav2 Air. He claims his drone allows him to fly in what my apps show is restricted airspace. He claims the new DJI Mav2 apps will not allow him to fly if it's a restricted zone. I own the first Mavic and therefore do not use the same software. Can someone please tell me if what he says is true or not? It doesn't make sense to me. Thanks!

Not true. DJI does not attempt to regulate all of the LAANC controlled airspace. Just because DJI oe not list it as a No Fly Zone, does not mean your friend does not need to get LAANC authorization using KittyHawk, B4UFly, or Airmap apps.

Not true. DJI does not attempt to regulate all of the LAANC controlled airspace. Just because DJI oe not list it as a No Fly Zone, does not mean your friend does not need to get LAANC authorization using KittyHawk, B4UFly, or Airmap apps.
I am new with the Mavic Air 2. Using the DJI FLY app and starting it up, it locks on with satellites, shows the map of my exact location, provides all the restricted airspace with airports etc. That is very detailed in showing where I cannot fly so why do I need to the B4UFLY app on my phone?

I am new with the Mavic Air 2. Using the DJI FLY app and starting it up, it locks on with satellites, shows the map of my exact location, provides all the restricted airspace with airports etc. That is very detailed in showing where I cannot fly so why do I need to the B4UFLY app on my phone?
Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.
Just stay legal.