DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji Care Refresh activation

DaveLewin

Reactions
Just received the 2 Pro.
Does the drone need to be activated before dji refresh (which I bought with it, from a supplier [not dji] is activated?
Already tried to activate refresh on the dji website, but it's not recognising the serial number. Thanks

The AC should not be activated when you buy it. You should be activating the drone yourself, then you have a short period of time to buy the refresh from DJI and it becomes attached to the aircraft.

Reactions: DaveLewin
Just received the 2 Pro.
Does the drone need to be activated before dji refresh (which I bought with it, from a supplier [not dji] is activated?
Already tried to activate refresh on the dji website, but it's not recognising the serial number. Thanks
Dunno how you buy it 'with it' as refresh service is offered directly by dji after you complete initial registration.
If it is already on the drone - it means this is a used one, not new and it was already registered by somebody else.

Reactions: offtheback
I never heard of a scenario as OP describes for DJICare purchase.
When you are activating the drone it will prompt you to the purchase option. If you do it then or within 48 hours it’s painless easy and quick. If you wait longer you have to submit all your logs to DJI.
Please keep us informed as to what happens. I hope this is not a scam. Where/from who did you purchase your drone?

There is a vendor on Amazon that includes DJI Refresh Care with the purchase of the drone and fly more package. So there is a process but don't know what it is. Try going to the DJI home page and see if you can find what to do from there. Else email DJI and ask for help if you can't find any advice here on the forum

Contact DJI immediately after registration of the drone / activation of the drone .... Once 48 hours pass you will be screwed with some extensive task to provide them with verifications of the status of your drone

I never heard of a scenario as OP describes for DJICare purchase.
When you are activating the drone it will prompt you to the purchase option. If you do it then or within 48 hours it’s painless easy and quick. If you wait longer you have to submit all your logs to DJI.
Please keep us informed as to what happens. I hope this is not a scam. Where/from who did you purchase your drone?
Most resellers sell the drone with care refresh.Still needs to be activated.

I just purchased my Mavic 2 Pro from B&H Photo with Care Refresh included. Just received the drone and Fly More kit yesterday, but no instructions as to how to activate Care Refresh. B&H is closed today, so will have to wait until tomorrow to call them. Looks like an activation card should have been included, but the B&H website now says that there is an electronic download so something has changed with DJI procedures. Meanwhile I cant activate the drone because of the 48 hour requirement. Not happy!!

Did I you buy the DJICare from B&H? Maybe there are instructions on their site or a chat.

I bought my DJICare directly on the DJI site when I registered my drones.

In any event you want it registered on the DJI site as you state. There are numerous aftermarket warranties that B&H, Adorama, etc will sell in a bundle with the drone.

Did I you buy the DJICare from B&H? Maybe there are instructions on their site or a chat.

I bought my DJICare directly on the DJI site when I registered my drones.

In any event you want it registered on the DJI site as you state. There are numerous aftermarket warranties that B&H, Adorama, etc will sell in a bundle with the drone.
Yes, I bought DJI Care Refresh from B&H when I bought the drone. They bundled it with the Fly More kit and a couple of freebies, but no instructions came with the package and nothing on their site.

Just got my similar problem solved! It looks like procedures have changed for the better when you purchase your drone and Care Refresh together from an authorized DJI dealer. My dealer, B&H Photo, apparently sent the activation info directly to DJI, without telling me that on the order form, invoice, or email order confirmation. The pictures on their website still show a box containing an activation card, but this is no longer true. I just received an email from DJI with the full service agreement info, confirming my coverage, and including my drone and gimbal serial numbers. So it looks like the process is now the same as if you purchased both together from the DJI store directly, namely that the aircraft is bound to the Care Refresh agreement automatically.
In my case, this took a few days, since I ordered from B&H on July 23 and just received the email. Interestingly, the email states my coverage begins tomorrow, so no flying today!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3