DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care Refresh

Hi. My MP it's on is way. I bought it through an Australian big resseller. Can I buy refresh care today through Dji Web site , And only activate it in few days when I get the aircraft.?
Or do I have to wait to have the aircraft before buying cover.?
I wouldn't lke to miss the 48h period because of public holliday or to much excitement.
Thanks

No you need the mavic serial number to register. .. i just did it through the go app after setting up my mavic

Hi to all,

For those who missed the 48h limit, you can still get the care refresh but you will have to chat with DJI and they will request proof of the drone state (I read this in another thread that I can't seem to find!)

For those who ask about buying the drone in US an the DJI care in another country, you sure can! DJI chat support confirmed this for me! But you will only be able to use the DJI care refresh benefits in that country (or geographic region I.e EU) notice that you can't buy DJI care more than once so think about it!

Reactions: PilotMan7700
Getting better and better.... Got my mavic yesterday. Refresh care is getting nicer. Xmas miracles guys. Santa must be real... :D
Jeromeo, Hi I think i'm in the same position as you,bought a Phtm4 off a supplier giving so called Australian Warranty but the item is shipped from Hong Kong. Did you really investigate what will happen with a claim through DJI Refresh? ie is it your responsibility to get it back to a service centre from which the item was shipped,etc,etc.
Very new to this forum thingy, sorry if I'm doing it all wrong.

Cheers

Jeromeo, Hi I think i'm in the same position as you,bought a Phtm4 off a supplier giving so called Australian Warranty but the item is shipped from Hong Kong. Did you really investigate what will happen with a claim through DJI Refresh? ie is it your responsibility to get it back to a service centre from which the item was shipped,etc,etc.
Very new to this forum thingy, sorry if I'm doing it all wrong.

Cheers
Hi Shane.
I will have no clue about warranty. You could try and ask you reseller. I know Care refresh will pay for you to send it back. As long as you are in the country you bought it from.

If you are new to multi rotors and the Mavic you may want to consider the Care Refresh insurance program.

With DJI Care Refresh, you will receive a prioritized replacement service in one year, for an additional charge, DJI Care Refresh offers up to two full replacements for your Mavic*. Greatly reducing the time it takes for you to get back in the air.
*The replacements will be in new or as-new condition in terms of performance and reliability.
For more details about the additional charge of replacements, please see our DJI Care Refresh purchase page.

Learn More: DJI Care Refresh - comprehensive warranty for your Mavic
Purchase Page: Buy DJI Care Refresh (Mavic Pro) | DJI Store

This is optional coverage in addition to your normal warranty. For some it could be a huge benefit for others an unnecessary expense.

If you are new to multi rotors and the Mavic you may want to consider the Care Refresh insurance program.

With DJI Care Refresh, you will receive a prioritized replacement service in one year, for an additional charge, DJI Care Refresh offers up to two full replacements for your Mavic*. Greatly reducing the time it takes for you to get back in the air.
*The replacements will be in new or as-new condition in terms of performance and reliability.
For more details about the additional charge of replacements, please see our DJI Care Refresh purchase page.

This is optional coverage in addition to your normal warranty. For some it could be a huge benefit for others an unnecessary expense.

This is optional coverage in addition to your normal warranty. For some it could be a huge benefit for others an unnecessary expense.[/QUOTE
I purchased a new unused Mavic from one of the forum members on the classified section. it was unused but the box had been opened, my question is can I purchase the Refresh Care policy for this Mavic even though I bought it from a private party. The seller said he ordered 2 Mavics at the same time but only wanted to keep one. I have not yet tried to power it up or fly it and was told By another owner I would not be able to buy the Refresh coverage even though it's new. What is the policy here.

It would be extremely helpful if a moderator would put an update notice in any earlier posts that say water damage is not covered. Sort of like a correction. That could save a lot of confusion for new members like me that are reading through the entire thread to sort out what is and isn't covered.

I would say yes you would. I'm currently going through issues where they say it's not international warranty. In my case I bought in Australia but need to send it off to get fixed and by the time I get it fixed I will be gone on my trip. They say they can't return it to Canada.

Sent from my SM-G900I using MavicPilots mobile app

I live in Canada. If I need a repair done they will not send to this country?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

It would be extremely helpful if a moderator would put an update notice in any earlier posts that say water damage is not covered. Sort of like a correction. That could save a lot of confusion for new members like me that are reading through the entire thread to sort out what is and isn't covered.
You still have to recover the Mavic from the water. If it falls in the ocean or a deep lake, the chances of recovery are very slim.

You still have to recover the Mavic from the water. If it falls in the ocean or a deep lake, the chances of recovery are very slim.

If it's a motor failure or other hardware issue they have been known to cover it without the drone. Not sure how refresh works but I've seen more than a few threads where a phantom was replaced in recovered.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

If you bought it in Canada they will send it back to Canada.

Basically they only do warranty in the country it was purchased from.

I'm my case I bought in Australia but was travelling to Canada. I had to send it for repair in Australia and after fix it had to be sent back to Australia.

Does that help. Let me know if your still unsure.

I purchased the DJI Care Refresh.....hoping that I wouldn't need it but now I do... I looked and finally found an email address [email protected] but there was no phone number. A week ago I sent the email and received a canned response but nothing more...do you know if that is normal and how long should I wait until I get a response with some "meat" behind it?

As I understand it:
Note that DJI doesn't allow their "Care Refresh" to be transferred. You would have to get another new Refresh after making a detailed video of your used drone. And it's not cheap, $99 to start and $79 for the first claim. Also, DJI Care Refresh doesn't cover GIMBLE repair and a few other problems, unless it's a manufacturing issue.

State Farm coverage doesn't apply to the first year! Coverage starts the SECOND year!

Your home owners policy will cover the drone regardless if you have it or not. But check your deductible and any "hit" on your policy may increase your insurance rates in the future!

DJI is now moving their US, California facility to another location near by, so they aren't in full operation as of now.
Where about's LA was it - and where are they moving it to? I have it for my MP and now have 48 hours (have not activated yet) to get it on my P4P.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada