DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care Refresh

Thanks, I just forwarded my email to them.

Bigger question though, when does the coverage start? If I purchased my Mavic in October and don't receive it until January/Feb, when does my 12mths start? Hopefully the answer is once I receive it, but I strongly doubt that will be the case.

my understanding is that you are supposed to buy the CARE REFRESH once you received the drone in order to put its serial number...since it's just an online service, why such a rush to buy it before receiving the MAVIC ?

Well my financial manager (wife) said I could order the Mavic, so I went for it all. haha. Well in that case, I don't really activate it until I receive the serial number, so it shouldn't start until I actually activate it.

Well in that case, I don't really activate it until I receive the serial number, so it shouldn't start until I actually activate it.

yeah it probably will be no issues like this...the only condition they say is to activate CARE REFRESH within 48 Hours of activating the drone...so hopefully it works for you

Reactions: FPVJunkie
so it shouldn't start until I actually activate it.
That's correct. Just make sure you activate it within the required time frame and you'll be good to go.

Reactions: FPVJunkie
Im currently on the phone with DJI customer service trying to get my Mavic replaced after it went haywire. The lady on the phone is telling my I need to pay for damage caused to the Mavic plus the $79 for a replacement. Makes absolutely no sense. What a joke

Hmm, well that is interesting... Keep us posted on the outcome.

If it went haywire and was operator error, did they even ask to see the data logs to confirm the failure? If it was an actual malfunction with the Mavic, it doesn't even make sense that you have to use one of your Care Refresh options, it should be covered under warranty.

Wat!? Maybe you should have made sure it couldn't be repaired.
That is bullshits

Interested in seeing this one through myself

Here it is, don't worry.

DJI Care Refresh is bound to the aircraft’s S/N. If you want to replace your aircraft, contact DJI Support via phone, email, or live chat. Then send your aircraft to a designated DJI repair center under the instruction of DJI Support staff. Our repair staff will conduct damage assessment and send you a repair invoice. After receiving the invoice, you can either choose to repair your aircraft for the quoted price or replace the aircraft under DJI Care Refresh. You will receive a brand new or refurbished unit after paying the service charge specified in your DJI Care Refresh Service Agreement. The replacement’s S/N will be automatically bound to your DJI Care Refresh plan.

http://www.dji.com/mobile/service/djicare-refresh/info

Reactions: MavicProMX
It's actually your post which drove me to remember about the procedure..and that that DJI representative may have expressed it wrong ;)

I guess if their customer service is in China this doesn't help much the understanding

Speaking with the customer service a bit more the lady said the only way the Mavic would be covered is if I synced my flight data off the DJI Go App. After Syncing she said the service dept would check it out and send me an invoice with repair costs. As you can see on the invoice it seems the repairs will be completely covered under warranty (due to flight data analysis) but i'm not entirely sure if thats DJI Refresh or the standard warranty. Ill report back with any updates. I am pleasantly surprised on how fast this has been handled so far as I'm hoping to get the drone back for a upcoming trip

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-12 at 08.27.10.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-12 at 08.27.10.png
    185.5 KB · Views: 60
All the data is there, seems the app takes snap shots of your flights and all you have to do is sync it for DJI to access it. On the first screen you click on the paper airplane icon top left and then sync button top right. Yes it was easy

1. Does anyone have any idea of a time frame from when you send it off to when it will be returned? I know there is no such thing as a guarantee.

I spoke to customer service the other day and they said up to two weeks. But I just can't believe what Dji tells me on these things anymore.

2. User Adam, how bad was your crash? I just crashed mine. It still flies, camera seems to work. There must be an issue with vibration because I get a gimbal warning saying there is too much vibration.

I just received a reply from DJI Care Refresh. They confirmed that if you ordered directly from DJI with the Care Refresh, the Care Refresh is automatically activated two days after the unit ships. This eases my mind a bit since I know that my 12mth period didn't start in Oct when I placed my order.

1. Does anyone have any idea of a time frame from when you send it off to when it will be returned? I know there is no such thing as a guarantee.

I spoke to customer service the other day and they said up to two weeks. But I just can't believe what Dji tells me on these things anymore.

2. User Adam, how bad was your crash? I just crashed mine. It still flies, camera seems to work. There must be an issue with vibration because I get a gimbal warning saying there is too much vibration.
Mine ran into a tree broke the gimbal and blades and i think a motor. The Carson center received it on the 9th and it looks like the repairs will be done by thursday the 17th or earlier and shipped back to me. I choose to let them repair it under the standard warranty free of charge and not use my refresh credits. Hope that helps

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stug26