DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care Refresh

RyanHT

Reactions
I had read about some horrible experiences with DJI Care Refresh. I ended up having to use my first refresh a couple months ago when I did something stupid which killed my first Mavic Pro. I actually had a really good experience with it. I was pleasantly surprised after reading some other comments. From start to finish took about 10 days and I had the replacement drone. The replacement is most probably a refurbished product. I will tell you that the replacement looked Like a brand new drone. I looked all over it and couldn't find as much as a nick. I think DJI got spanked for sending out crappy looking refurbs and may have just decided to use all new plastics as a policy for refurbs. It also solved a problem I had with the gimbal. Mine would slap against the air intake at startup. The gimbal on the new drone works flawlessly. I'm actually kind a glad I had to use the first one. Sorry some of you had such a bad experience.

Reactions: cbirch
When you sent it in, how did you package it?, did you use the box it came in? If so, did they send it back in that box?

Thanks guy's jus want to know how is third party insurance claim process when compared to Dji care

Reactions: Hieth
Just wanted to give the group an update on my recent Care Refresh. Here is the timeline:
Jan 7 - paid my $79 and received email with label same day
Jan 8 - dropped off at the UPS store
Jan 10 - arrived at center in CA
Jan 10 - replacement order processed
Jan 11 - shipped
Jan 12 - arrived at my house (but I wasn't there to sign) - my problem
Jan 15 - dropped at UPS store where I picked it up

Overall, great experience. Drone looks to be in perfect condition. Arms are actually a bit tighter when unfolding as does the camera.

Overall a great experience!

Just wanted to give the group an update on my recent Care Refresh. Here is the timeline:
Jan 11 - shipped

Overall, great experience. Drone looks to be in perfect condition. Arms are actually a bit tighter when unfolding as does the camera.

Is it the same drone you sent in? Different serial #s? They sent me a refurb, without telling me a month later.

different drone for sure. actually, the only issue i am now having is disconnect from RC. Looking through the forums to understand. I have a friend who has a brand new one and has this problem as well.

When I initially had the problem I would get a disconnect (RC) while just warming up on my counter. I updated the firmware via DJI2 app and it fixed that issue but still getting some disconnects when flying. Still working on it but overall satisfied with the refresh.

Jan 11 - shipped

I didn't get to choose to pay for my repair after they had received my mavic. Which was twice the cost of replacement. And they sent me a refurb a month later with a different s/n yet in the same box as the old drone with the old s/n on it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78