DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care to Cover Fly Aways?

If you haven't already heard or deduced, yes it is retroactive to all policies as long as your still in that year of coverage.
I bought two years of "care" and went through a "binding" process when I first got the drone. To get the new flyaway coverage, I have to do this again?

And do I do this with the RC? I can't run the app right now to check "Device Management". Never noticed it in the menus.

But then, I have about three hours airtime so far.... :)

I'm guessing with the binding, it means that if your drone flies away (like actually gets lost), and you claim the replacement. That drone is not able to be activated to anyone else's account (such as if it's been found, repaired, or just simply reported as flown away). I imagine once you bind it, it's stuck to that account or controller.

I'm guessing with the binding, it means that if your drone flies away (like actually gets lost), and you claim the replacement. That drone is not able to be activated to anyone else's account (such as if it's been found, repaired, or just simply reported as flown away). I imagine once you bind it, it's stuck to that account or controller.
I am wondering if there is any detriment to doing this or is it a win win?..

Hi All
Bought a mini 2 that had never been turned on, what a great bird it is, and the wind resistance is unbelievable but yesterday I had an email to tell me I had DJI care refresh and to go into Profile and device management in the app to bind the bird and the remote but where in heavens name is it in the app, I have read today that to update the app but I'm running 1.4.8 which is correct so where is what I'm looking for. Thanks.

When you first open the app, the "profile" should be at the bottom of the screen. Go in there, then device management and continue with binding remote. 1.4.8 is the latest rev of the fly app. I am assuming you have already activated the mini2.

Thanks for that brew99, yes I have, in the end, I spoke by typing to DJI and he confirmed that everything was OK, the mini 2 is a great bit of kit it handles the wind better than the M2P, and seeing that I have never used any of the M2P's tricks I'm not missing anything on the mini 2, pleased as punch.

I spoke by typing to DJI and he confirmed that .. the mini 2.. handles the wind better than the M2P
If a DJI support person told you that, he has no idea what he's talking about.
Unfortunately that's not unheard of.

Speeds specs
Mini 2
16 m/s (S Mode)
10 m/s (N Mode)

Mavic 2
20 m/s (S Mode)
15 m/s (N Mode)

Last edited:
Thanks for that yes I checked tonight and it is bonded to the controller, I'm surprised how fast it does go I know a lot slower than my M2P but it's not so powerful but I'm really pleased with it and I haven't noticed too much resolution loss due to the smaller sensor which again is great. Thank you for your help.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdevyview