DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI crash

Golden27

Reactions
DJI crash 1 month after purchase - broken arm - any chance this is covered? I don't have insurance.

any recommendations on service in PA?

Thank you.

You question amounts to "how long is a piece of string" or some such thing.
Provide more details if you want answers,

A copy of the flight log would be useful, if you have a look on DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
You will find instructions for retrieving the log, if you follow them and then upload the log to there you should be presented with a URL for the resulting page.
Post that URL here and someone may look at the log for you.
A description of what happened might also help and mentioning which drone model it is would be useful.

apologies - I'm new here.

DJI Mini 2 - flew into side of house - one arm broken. I'll try to find flight log - thanks for the direction.

I guess my question is whether DJI will cover my mistake! sounds silly even asking.

thank you.

Warranty covers product defects so if the crash was a result of a malfunction of the aircraft it'd be covered, but if you screwed up and flew it into the wall yourself then obviously not, that would be an insurance case.

The best thing to do is submit the claim to DJI , its quite a process and if they feel there was fault with the drone there is a chance you may get a coupon code or something like that.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

I wish they would but no company can afford covering human error.

If the log shows a malfunction, which is why I mentioned the log, then DJI might cover the damage. If it is pure pilot error then your are out of luck.

Welcome to the forum. My experience with DJI (Mavic 3, Phantom 4 Pro, FPV) has always been positive when it comes to repairs. I would recommend going to their website and filing a repair order. I have always found their quotes to be reasonable, often lower than I expected and the repair quality excellent. My only complaint is that it usually takes a couple of weeks (mainly due to transportation times). There are also independent repair people that others have had great success with but I haven't gone that route. Regardless.... get it fixed, say "lesson learned" and keep flying!!!!

Just get it repaired; you'll likely have it returned within 2 weeks.
Once you get it repaired/replaced by DJI you may even get an opportunity to purchase Care Refresh on the repaired/replaced drone. Just evaluate all of the costs and benefits are and your ability to cover any future damage costs.

You all are great - thank you. Boxed up and sent today.. I thought sending directly to DJI was best option.

Thanks everyone.

Hopefully Im back on the forum soon with a better stories. Im new to this - but this about the coolest thing.

Last edited:
Once you get it repaired/replaced by DJI you may even get an opportunity to purchase Care Refresh on the repaired/replaced drone. Just evaluate all of the costs and benefits are and your ability to cover any future damage co

Once you get it repaired/replaced by DJI you may even get an opportunity to purchase Care Refresh on the repaired/replaced drone. Just evaluate all of the costs and benefits are and your ability to cover any future damage costs.
I'm using DJI repair for the first time. Sent in my MA2 last week with two broken arms. Will DJI call or email first with a repair estimate? What can I expect?

I was thinking 3-4 weeks before I get my drone back. I'll be ecstatic if I get it back in 2 weeks.

You all are great - thank you. Boxed up and sent today.. I thought sending directly to DJI was best option.

Thanks everyone.

Hopefully Im back on the forum soon with a better stories. Im new to this - but this about the coolest thing.
Once DJI (Texas, I assume) receives the pre-paid shipment it will likely be a day or 2 and then DJI will send you an email of options. You pay and DJI will get it out the door in a day or 2. You may even get an option to purchase Care Refresh with the returned item. If it's a new item you'll need to pay any new FAA registration fees.

I use AirData and the flight log is automatically recorded.
Air data provides a link via which you can download the log then post it here or make the log public in aisdata, I have forgotten how one does that but it can be done. It might be useful for you to see what is in the log if nothing else.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimwinter