DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Crystal Sky Monitor Mount, Protecting the USB Connection

Leo153

Reactions
I decided to use the DJI mount for my 5.5 Crystal Sky on my Mavic remote. I liked the mount by 3D Evolution but the DJI mount is less bulky and the connection much tighter and secure. I thought I wanted the monitor sitting above the remote, but I like below the monitor better, I find it easier to hold. The only problem is that my thumb sits right on the cable connecting the remote and monitor. The weakest link in the system is the remotes USB port. It's in a bad location and having my thumb sitting on to of the USB cable connector is a disaster waiting to happen! It isn't pretty, but I padded the sides of the remote USB out so it can't wiggle right and left. On the small service loop of the USB cable (supplied with DJI mount) I put a larger piece of padding underneath the loop so I can't stress the connection if I'm pressing on the cable while flying. The cable does not move or wiggle which can interrupt or break the connection to the controller. Like I said, not pretty, but my USB cable breaking communications to the aircraft won't be the cause of a crash or fly away.

Attachments

• padding.jpg
    padding.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
I'm just trying to figure out how you're able to control your drone while your thumb is on the cable. Or even get your thumb back there in the first place.

Reactions: jrf
I'm just trying to figure out how you're able to control your drone while your thumb is on the cable. Or even get your thumb back there in the first place.
Not my thumb, my middle finger tip sits directly on the cable loop.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan