DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Crystal Sky vs iPad Mini 4

And, for the Price versus Results -- CrystalSky Ultra! 2,000 nits! Won't wash out in the brightest sun and a Big Monitor.

I have (2) dedicated iPad Mini 4s and I've still pre-ordered the Ultra.

By far a much brighter display, I use the 5.5" (1000 nit / Plenty Bright), just a tip, I bought a cheap ($69 USD) 12V 1080P LCD TV, very light just throw it in the back of the car, plug the HDMI out on the CS to the HDMI in on the TV (Plus you can adjust the Brightness/Contrast on the TV), now I go to the beach, Florida summertime sun :eek: no shade, can read the CS for app settings no problem, and watch the TV for flying & video recording, I use a mini max portable charger to power the TV, lasts all day and still has plenty of juice.

This is a newer version of the TV, no glare from this as well, mine has no DVD Player, sure if you look enough you can find an earlier / cheaper model:(
PORTABLE 13" LCD LED HD HDTV TV TELEVISION AC/DC 12V POWER w/DVD Player *NEW* 639131013124 | eBay

30000mAh Car Jump Starter Minimax Emergency Battery Charger Power USB Backup | eBay
This will also charge up your controller should it run low .

Set up my beach chair and a small folding table to put the TV on, grab one of my favorite beverages Thumbswayup and burn up all my batteries

Last edited:
By far a much brighter display, I use the 5.5" (1000 nit / Plenty Bright), just a tip, I bought a cheap ($69 USD) 12V 1080P LCD TV, very light just throw it in the back of the car, plug the HDMI out on the CS to the HDMI in on the TV (Plus you can adjust the Brightness/Contrast on the TV), now I go to the beach, Florida summertime sun :eek: no shade, can read the CS for app settings no problem, and watch the TV for flying & video recording, I use a mini max portable charger to power the TV, lasts all day and still has plenty of juice.

This is a newer version of the TV, no glare from this as well, mine has no DVD Player, sure if you look enough you can find an earlier / cheaper model:(
PORTABLE 13" LCD LED HD HDTV TV TELEVISION AC/DC 12V POWER w/DVD Player *NEW* 639131013124 | eBay

30000mAh Car Jump Starter Minimax Emergency Battery Charger Power USB Backup | eBay
This will also charge up your controller should it run low .

Set up my beach chair and a small folding table to put the TV on, grab one of my favorite beverages Thumbswayup and burn up all my batteries
Where in FL are you?

Is the 6s bright enough and easy to see where you fly? The Mini4 will be around the same, an anti-glare screen cover also helps.
I have both the Mini4 (with Moshi A-G) and have had the 7.8" CS (HighBright) for a week or so now, the CS is MUCH easier to see under full sun, used a hood a lot with the mini and haven't needed it since using the CS.

Last edited:
I've been using an iPad mini 4 for a while an as long as you can get under some shade its fine. The CS I use in direct sun with no problem

Last edited:
+1 vote for CrystalSky hands down. Love the combination of the 5.5" CrystalSky + MavMount.

Both CS 5.5" units and MavMounts + Type C Cables for a clean setup as pictured are all IN STOCK here at Advexure.

MavMount-CS-1.jpg

I'm currently using my iPhone 6s with my Mavic. My iPad 4 doesn't work with DJI Go 4 app. Now trying to decide between iPad Mini 4 or Crystal Sky. Any thoughts?
I don't care about other uses for iPad Mini 4. Would only use it for Mavic.
The iPad Mini works well for me...but as you know the screen in bright sun is no the best....would search out some real time info...one to the other...also the cost of the mini vs the DJI screen needs to be understood. Good luck.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21