DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Customer Service - I have to chuckle

45er

Reactions
Long story hopefully short. About 6 weeks ago my grandson crashed my drone. My fault as I was directing him, but anyway, a total loss. I contacted DJI through their "chat" service. I told them the complete story and was perfectly clear that I was not claiming anything but my own "pilot error". Mea culpa, etc. etc. etc. The "technical expert" then launched what I later understood to be a "fly away" procedure. Why the heck he did that, I don't know (again, it didn't "fly away"! My grandson "flew it away" into a powerline 135 feet in the air! All I wanted was to ask if DJI would sell me just the drone (ie, no battery, controller, charger, etc.) as I already had all this stuff. YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE the hoops they put me through over a span of 7-10 days. Email after email from different people often asking for the same information! Always courteous and professing to really want to help me, but really, 20-30 emails??!! I even downloaded the flight records to DropBox for them to review.

In the end, they told me that it was my fault and they couldn't help me. Really!? Had they read the first "chat", that would not have been a revelation!!! Ok, so I buy another drone, ANIB, in a private sale and insure it through their program. A few days after doing this I get another email that basically asked me again if all I wanted to do is by a new drone by itself, and offering to help me do that! Jeeeezusss! Another (of the dozen or so "names" on the bazillion emails) had told me that no, DJI would not do that!

Anyway, and expensive lesson learned. If only they would have read comprehensively or called me, a lot of my time and theirs could have been saved and I might have even been able to buy just what I needed after all.

I wonder if they actually do their customer support themselves, or just outsource it to some third party that follows a script. Because this sounds like the latter. Anyone with more experience with DJI support able to chime in?

I wonder if they actually do their customer support themselves, or just outsource it to some third party that follows a script. Because this sounds like the latter. Anyone with more experience with DJI support able to chime in?
Good point. I never thought of that. The left hand doesn't even know there is a right hand with this bunch!

I have spoken with DJI's so-called customer support reps many times. Every time has been an exercise in futility, partly because they don't seem to have any CSR's whose first language is English and partly because they don't seem to care about customer concerns. They adhere strictly to policy, with no mercy or understanding whatsoever, even when they have made a mistake. I was just screwed by their trade-up program, so I'm returning the Mavic 2 Zoom I bought directly from them and having spent ~ $10K on DJI product, they won't be getting another cent from me. They may have great products, but not having decent customer service is costing them sales.

I have spoken with DJI's so-called customer support reps many times. Every time has been an exercise in futility, partly because they don't seem to have any CSR's whose first language is English and partly because they don't seem to care about customer concerns. They adhere strictly to policy, with no mercy or understanding whatsoever, even when they have made a mistake. I was just screwed by their trade-up program, so I'm returning the Mavic 2 Zoom I bought directly from them and having spent ~ $10K on DJI product, they won't be getting another cent from me. They may have great products, but not having decent customer service is costing them sales.
Sort of sounds like a mirror image of how the Chinese conduct business dealings with other countries. Sad, because unlike many things "made in China", DJI does make quality products!

You were working against yourself from the first keystroke in the chat session- overly verbose.

If you typed something like crashed drone- my fault- need just drone- how to order and pay- please help- it would have been sorted fast.

You confused them because they are used to every crashed drone enquiry escalating to flight log analysis and protracted arguments and complaints because any admission of user contribution to the incident wouldn’t be common for them. They have the drone only option in the procedures though- they end up at this point when warranty and refresh coverage options don’t fall out if the what to do flowchart.

• Haha
Reactions: 45er
The chuckles continue...............

No sooner do I read DGinAZ's post do I get yet another email from DJI customer service:

My recent email to them after they asked me, weeks after I bought one from an individual, if all I wanted was to buy a Mavic Pro Platinum without controller or battery?:

Too late now. DJI told me in no uncertain terms that they could not sell me a Mavic Pro Platinum drone only; that is, no controller or battery. That is all I wanted from the very first “chat" . I got led down a dead end road for weeks until finally DJI understood that's all I wanted then told me that it was my fault the drone crashed (which I admitted right up front) and that they could not sell me the drone only as a replacement. Now, weeks later, you are asking me if that's what I want to do. YES, that's what I wanted (past tense) to do, but now it's too late. I appreciate you're reaching out to me about this, but DJI has too many cooks in the kitchen and none of them know what the others are doing. I wish you (or a colleague) could have carefully listened to me in the first place. This has been extremely frustrating for me as a consumer of your product!

Their reply:

Thank you for reaching back to me. I am sorry to hear about the inconvenience that this has caused you. I understand how frustrating this would be. If this happens to me, I'll feel the same way. As you've mentioned that the Mavic Pro Platinum is not available at this time. You can reach back to us next week to check if we have this in stock.If you have questions or other concerns that need to be addressed, please let me know. I'll be more than happy to help. Thanks for choosing DJI and have a nice day!

First of all, they didn't tell me that it was "not available", they said they couldn't sell me one unless I bought the entire package! I think DGinAZ nailed it. They don't speak English very well and cannot read it with comprehension. It's all pretty funny now but it wasn't when I was trying to resolve this!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM