DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI data share?

HomeyJay

Reactions
I’m not doing anything dodgy but I just don’t want to share any flight data and stats with DJI as I simply don’t trust them with my data. I’m using my iPhone X to fly and was thinking of putting it in airplane mode during flights. My only problem is that as soon as the flight is over and I have to get back to real life (and turn airplane mode off), I suspect that the GO4 app is just sending all the good stuff back to DJI then instead of during the flight.

What can I do to minimise the amount of data shared with this company?

I guess I could get a cheap android tablet to use just with the Mavic and never let it connect to the net but I would have to eventually update the OS or the GO app and would the data would be sent then?

Im trying not to be paranoid but I honestly think we all should be leaking less data to these multinationals!

Any help or advice would be great..

As I understand it, unless you sync your flight data, DJI can’t see it.

So, are you saying that provided I don’t hit the cloud sync button on the top right of the Flight Records page, nothing will go to DJI?

I’m not doing anything dodgy but I just don’t want to share any flight data and stats with DJI as I simply don’t trust them with my data. I’m using my iPhone X to fly and was thinking of putting it in airplane mode during flights. My only problem is that as soon as the flight is over and I have to get back to real life (and turn airplane mode off), I suspect that the GO4 app is just sending all the good stuff back to DJI then instead of during the flight.

What can I do to minimise the amount of data shared with this company?

I guess I could get a cheap android tablet to use just with the Mavic and never let it connect to the net but I would have to eventually update the OS or the GO app and would the data would be sent then?

Im trying not to be paranoid but I honestly think we all should be leaking less data to these multinationals!

Any help or advice would be great..
There is a box on the G0-4 app to check if you want to share with DJI or you don't

The only things you can de select is:

Device hardware info
Product improvement project.

Turning anything else off results in the Mavic not working properly!

Can’t find the “Share with DJI” box. Any idea where it is?

The only things you can de select is:

Device hardware info
Product improvement project.

Turning anything else off results in the Mavic not working properly!

Can’t find the “Share with DJI” box. Any idea where it is?
I will find it when I get home if no one answers before then

I used NLD which I believe can stop the upload as well as perform offline activation.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada