DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Drone Internal Transmitter Booster. NOT FOR the RC, but for the drone itself.

cgmaxed

Reactions
Does anyone know who might supply RF boosters for drones themselves? Or, how the drone's output signal can be boosted. I'm not interested in boosting the R/C. That's been done. I'd like to boost the drone's RF output itself. Flying low in wooded areas is very limiting. If the drones output RF signal was increased, staying low and flying through trees would be easier to accomplish. I've allready used Yagi and Power boosted RF boosters on the R/C itself, but they don't help very much. So, again, I ask anyone in the know, how the RF output of the drone could be increased. Any Ideas?

Does anyone know who might supply RF boosters for drones themselves? Or, how the drone's output signal can be boosted. I'm not interested in boosting the R/C. That's been done. I'd like to boost the drone's RF output itself. Flying low in wooded areas is very limiting. If the drones output RF signal was increased, staying low and flying through trees would be easier to accomplish. I've allready used Yagi and Power boosted RF boosters on the R/C itself, but they don't help very much. So, again, I ask anyone in the know, how the RF output of the drone could be increased. Any Ideas?
It’s essentially the same process as boosting the remote. You’d just have to replace the existing cables on the board and lead them to an booster and supply power and new antennas.

This is the only purpose built solution I know of. I’m not suggesting you buy this one but it gives you an idea of what you would need.

B2CF7C5F-4345-4EC5-B5D7-D40474AF6795.jpeg

Videos of what installation looks like. If you just want to mount it externally and use your own power source you shouldn’t need to do nearly this much work.

Mavic 2

Air2

Last edited:
If you care, bear in mind the FCC regulations about maximum signal strength.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allezzov