DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI drone over Fenway Park during Red Sox game

I don't like to you use the word very much but you have to be a complete Moron TO FLY your UAV over any stadium during a game while it's being played, hell you're not even supposed to be flying at night, let alone over a stadium! Sooner or later this unresponsible Drone operator will do something stupid again, and the FAA will nail him, just like the clowns that were flying at London Gatwick Airport, they finally got busted!
I hate taking a black eye for someone stupidity! Stupid stuff like this only hurts us Commerical Drone Pilots! I mean Christ, the way the FAA is working we will never be able to fly at night even if we have all the appropriate lighting kit for out Mavic's OR BE ABLE TO fly BVLOS.

That looks like an Amazon Prime Air deliverly drone, not a DJI model.

Sad though. Flyer should be arrested.

Paul

It says right in the story that it was a Phantom that had been modified to defeat the geofencing and DJI is working with police.

Reactions: FLPilotshark
The story states that "Drones are also banned from flying over 400 feet in the air, and within 5 miles of an airport." Both statements are untrue. It shows how little research reporters actually do.

I could be wrong, but Phantom 3 fly with GOand not GO4. The geofencing comes with GO4 and updated software. I have a friend with a Phantom3 and he is not restricted by geofencing, etc. IMHO DJI just doesn't want to acknowledge this in their statement.

Juvenile was operator of drone that flew over Fenway Park
Juvenile is identified as operator of drone that flew over Fenway Park during Red Sox game - The Boston Globe

The drone seen flying over the field during a Red Sox game at Fenway Park Thursday has been recovered by authorities, who said the operator was a juvenile.

The drone was identified and seized by authorities during an investigation involving Boston police, State Police, the Suffolk District Attorney’s office, and the FAA, according to a statement from Boston police on Saturday.

It was not immediately clear if the juvenile would be facing charges in connection with the incident. The investigation is ongoing, according to the statement.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J