DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI finally offering some security for lost quads

Exphantomflyer

Reactions
Taking a look at the binding section of the app, thought I would do a quick video on it, sorry if you already know this but maybe most dont

Reactions: JamieK
Care refresh, may "cover" a drone fly away after binding of course. But, for an Air2S the replacement for a flyaway, costs over $500 U.S. Could you imagine how much more the fly away deductible would cost for their more expensive drones! For a replacement it's about $100 U.S.

I bought DJI care refresh because, I use my drone to drop fishing bait into the ocean when surf fishing. I lost a drone doing that. The wind pushed the fishing line up into a prop, because I didn't maintain a reasonably constant tension on the line as it went out. Also, I didn't have it high enough to reduce the chances of having loose fishing line get pushed up toward a prop by the wind. The more tension (to a degree) and higher the altitude, the less chance the line will get caught in the props. HMMM. I think I'll create a separate thread for this topic.

I bound my MA2 when I bought it last year. I figured if it got stolen somehow DJI would not enable it to fly without my authority, effectively rendering it useless to anyone, hence, minimising the chance of theft. But, never really thought about it until now.

I bound my MA2 when I bought it last year. I figured if it got stolen somehow DJI would not enable it to fly without my authority, effectively rendering it useless to anyone, hence, minimising the chance of theft. But, never really thought about it until now.

DJI probably could do a lot of things to help with stolen or found drones etc, but as far as I'm aware they won't get involved at all, unless it's something serious, like perhaps law enforcement or anti terror agencies with real problems to get resolved.

It could be that this kind of extra cover for Care Refresh without the 'body' may prompt them to become more involved, as they will have a higher financial stake in the drone.
Probably not, but possible.

Reactions: DWL
DJI probably could do a lot of things to help with stolen or found drones etc, but as far as I'm aware they won't get involved at all, unless it's something serious, like perhaps law enforcement or anti terror agencies with real problems to get resolved.
I have read just the opposite. Over the years, many posts have been on here and other sites where a user or just plain person has posted that they found a drone, contacted DJI with serial and DJI then went and contacted owner with finders number or email (Unsure which, think Email as DJI has that info). So it isn't unheard of that DJI does indeed work with lost and found drones. :) For Law enforcement they explicitly state that without a warrant/court order they won't get involved, to release personal info as I read their terms and conditions.

Reactions: nobsyogi
Was thinking more along post #3 comment, stolen etc.
Have never seen any sort of interest from DJI re helping in that sort of case.
They can’t track the drone, or deactivate it.
I don’t recall ever seeing anything like you mentioned on the forum here either come to think of it.

Over the years, many posts have been on here and other sites where a user or just plain person has posted that they found a drone, contacted DJI with serial and DJI then went and contacted owner with finders number or email.
So it isn't unheard of that DJI does indeed work with lost and found drones. :)

It’d be nice if they did.
But many posts ?
Don’t recall any posts here or on the DJI forum where DJI has given a finders email or phone to the registered owner ? (Who may have sold their drone at some point.)

Don’t think so, but worth a shot, ask them nicely, may work out.
DJI would have had some pretty strict policies on privacy of clients info.

In the US if the drone has a registration number on it, FAA might assist.
Likewise CAA in the UK, CASA here in Australia.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damead