DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI flight simulator for Win 10

Nick T

Reactions
I've downloaded the Dji FS for Win 10 and just can't get the desktop to recognise the Dji controller (Mavic 2 zoom). I'm using a standard USB cable from the controller to the PC. Am I being a bit dumb but can anyone advise.
Thanks

Actually, I got it to work using a Mavic 2 Pro controller. I don't know the model number of it. It's the one which needs a phone or a tablet to connect to. It's tricky. I connect the USB-A to the computer and the micro-USB end to the controller on the left. Haven't tried using a USB-A to USB-A cable for the port in the middle of the controller. I don't know if it's designed for that and I prefer not to experiment. I turn on the controller when everything is connected and the software is good to go. The free version doesn't provide a lot but it's better than nothing for newbies like me.

Reactions: CMavicPro2
It really is finicky, I found out that following this order yields the best results:

Recently I replaced my controller and for some reason C2 is not registering...

Okay I did a search on the DJI simulator and realize it has not been updated in several years now. I have a Mavic 3 Cinema with the RC pro and of course my controller is not supported

So looking at the list of supported drones, I am guessing the Mavic Air would be the closet to the Mavic 3 that I own ?

If so where there multiple controllers for the Mavic Air ?

If so which one would you recommend I hook up to my computer to try and use this simulator ?

I have the computer part just fine, I just need a controller to work with the simulator

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Tom

I went through this and ended up buying the Air 1 controller for $50. If you really want to use the simulator i'll sell you mine for what I got it for and i'll pay the shipping since I don't need it anymore. I bought a Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller so I don't need the Air 1 controller to use the simulator. PM me if you want it.
This thing has pretty much been abandoned..

View attachment 155579
The problem with "they abandoned it" is they did but they didn't. If you want to buy like the enterprise version of the simulator it will still cost you over $1300 U.S. Since they do not deal with it anymore for updates they should give it away for free.

Last edited:
I do not want to spend $1300 for the enterprise version, its too bad they did not keep up with it
So if I still wanted to try it out, I have the computer, I just need a controller, so I am guessing for a Mavic Air ?
Maybe someone has one of these sitting around at their house that they want to part with ?

I do not want to spend $1300 for the enterprise version, its too bad they did not keep up with it
So if I still wanted to try it out, I have the computer, I just need a controller, so I am guessing for a Mavic Air ?
Maybe someone has one of these sitting around at their house that they want to part with ?
Did you read my post? I have one that i'll sell for $50 and I'll pay the shipping.

Okay I did a search on the DJI simulator and realize it has not been updated in several years now. I have a Mavic 3 Cinema with the RC pro and of course my controller is not supported

So looking at the list of supported drones, I am guessing the Mavic Air would be the closet to the Mavic 3 that I own ?

If so where there multiple controllers for the Mavic Air ?

If so which one would you recommend I hook up to my computer to try and use this simulator ?

I have the computer part just fine, I just need a controller to work with the simulator

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Tom
Hello all,
Okay I have a DJI Mavic Air controller and a windows 10 64 bit computer that meets the minimum requirements, I am plugging a usb a cable into the bottom of the controller and then into a usb a port on the computer, when I go into the simulator it does not seem to recognize my controller

I have tried loading various dji drivers etc. but nothing seems to work

Am I also supposed to connect a cable from the upper left port which uses a usb c and then connect that to my computer also ?

Any help would be appreciated

Hello all,
Okay I have a DJI Mavic Air controller and a windows 10 64 bit computer that meets the minimum requirements, I am plugging a usb a cable into the bottom of the controller and then into a usb a port on the computer, when I go into the simulator it does not seem to recognize my controller

I have tried loading various dji drivers etc. but nothing seems to work

Am I also supposed to connect a cable from the upper left port which uses a usb c and then connect that to my computer also ?

Any help would be appreciated
Only the upper left port is the one you use.

Reactions: Yaros
Also, go to the shortcut of the DJI Simulator, right click, Open File Location, and then execute the dji_usb... .exe file while the controller is connected.

1673199457193.png

Reactions: SeaPig and Tufargon
One more question, I actually got the program running which is great, but on the right side of the screen my drone height is in meters vs feet, I cannot locate anyway to change that setting, any ideas ?

One more question, I actually got the program running which is great, but on the right side of the screen my drone height is in meters vs feet, I cannot locate anyway to change that setting, any ideas ?
I never worried about that since I mainly use it for muscle memory. I did do a search and it seems that setting may not be changeable.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78