DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly 1.2.2 iOS - RTH triggers Atti Mode while 24 satellites are locked

TDZHDTV

Reactions
Today while using Fly 1.2.2 iOS I went to test RTH as I was intending to fly with the wind, when I initiated RTH even tho I had 24 - 25 satellites locked the Mini 2 advised Atti Mode! I tried this twice and on both occasions Atti Mode was advised (not sure if it actually went into Atti Mode because the AC seems stable).

Today while using Fly 1.2.2 iOS I went to test RTH as I was intending to fly with the wind, when I initiated RTH even tho I had 24 - 25 satellites locked the Mini 2 advised Atti Mode! I tried this twice and on both occasions Atti Mode was advised (not sure if it actually went into Atti Mode because the AC seems stable).

Atti mode doesn't advise as you can't select it. IF it says Atti mode...it's in it. not sure what your question is. RTH works in Atti mode. Why it went into is is a question that could have a bajillion reasons...but at this point I would keep a eye on your future flights and if it continues, you need to send in for service. ;) First thing is I would refresh firmware using Asst. 2. Does it ever go into Atti in normal flight or just RTH? If either in most flights...Send to DJI for repair.

Atti mode doesn't advise as you can't select it. IF it says Atti mode...it's in it. not sure what your question is. RTH works in Atti mode. Why it went into is is a question that could have a bajillion reasons...but at this point I would keep a eye on your future flights and if it continues, you need to send in for service. ;) First thing is I would refresh firmware using Asst. 2. Does it ever go into Atti in normal flight or just RTH? If either in most flights...Send to DJI for repair.
Why would RTH work in ATTI mode? You need GPS for RTH? If you’re in ATTI mode GPS is ignored.

GPS can still be used for telemetry and position on the map assuming GPS is not the cause for jumping into ATTI.

Compass, IMU or simply glitch in flight control can cause ATTI, but this flight looked perfect.

GPS can still be used for telemetry and position on the map assuming GPS is not the cause for jumping into ATTI.

Compass, IMU or simply glitch in flight control can cause ATTI, but this flight looked perfect.
I’d be interested to know where those ideas come from because the only reason I know of to go into ATTI is loss of GPS.

I tested it again in a different location, same response, the drone returns to the home point without issue. I’m going to try my partners Android phone tomorrow as this only started happening since I update my iPhone (I’ve had the Mini 2 since launch).

I tested it again in a different location, same response, the drone returns to the home point without issue. I’m going to try my partners Android phone tomorrow as this only started happening since I update my iPhone (I’ve had the Mini 2 since launch).
If RTH works, GPS must be good. I think the warning message is just an indication error.

the only reason I know of to go into ATTI is loss of GPS.
GPS alone is not sufficient for navigation, the craft MUST be able to tell the orientation accurately. If the craft detects issues with the IMU or the compass making it lose confidence in the reliability of the orientation data . It will go into ATTI mode. That has been seen in flight logs posted in this forum.

I’d be interested to know where those ideas come from because the only reason I know of to go into ATTI is loss of GPS.
In flight compass issues have triggered ATTI. If FC determines stable flight cannot be maintained with current sensor inputs, particularly compass, GPS and VPS, it will switch to ATTI and rely only on gyros, accelerometers and barometer.

This happened to me about a year ago where after about 5 to 10 minutes in flight on my P3A, I was getting tilted horizon (which I thought was a failed gimbal at first), then compass error, then ATTI. In ATTI horizon stabilized. Map still showed my AC location so GPS had to still be good. A minute or so later I had P-GPS back.

I didn't panic as I had altitude, good signal so I could use map and FPV to steer myself back, with wiggle room to accommodate wind drift.

Last edited:
Had the Atti issue the other day on two flights, even though it was clearly flying using the GPS.

Today done two more flights and no Atti notifications. So might need to fly back at the other location and see if it happens again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329