DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What columns, in the csv of the FLY app flight logs, indicate the mechanism by which an RTH was triggered?

Yorkshire_Pud

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I had an odd one, I had a trip up and down a field and RTHed by pressing the button on the controller, all went smoothly and, when triggering the RTH the csv shows "RC.goHomeDepressed" change from FALSE to TRUE for 1.3 seconds, that seems shorter than I remember pressing it but who knows.
Using the button on the controller I cancelled the RTH when the drone was near the home point and again "RC.goHomeDepressed" changes from FALSE to TRUE for what was presumably the duration of the button press.

I sent the drone out again, backwards, but wanted to get a move on so I switched to sports mode.
0.3 seconds into sports mode the drone slowed to a stop, went sideways with no elevator ( I think there may have been a wind gust ) and then started heading for home. "OSD.flycState" shows "Go Home" for the trip towards the home point.
The drone was only 100ft from the home point and I was 50ft closer to the drone. I assumed the drone was RTHing and recollect cancelling the RTH as the drone went overhead. I think I pressed the controller's RTH button, it's more likely that I would press that than the button on the screen. BUT "RC.goHomeDepressed" did not change to "TRUE" at any time in connection wth the second RTH.
"RC.downlinkSignal" "RC.uplinkSignal" both show 100 for the entire flight and the battery voltage was 6.814 to 6.774 during the second outbound flight and RTH, 39%.
I did a couple more runs up and down the field after that and there were no more anomalies.

I am confident the curious RTH was neither a low battery RTH nor a failsafe RTH. I suppose it is possible I triggered the second RTH via the button on the phone's screen when I was moving the flight mode switch but I do not know if that records in the log, if it does where do I look please?
But I do not think I pressed the screen button to cancel the second RTH. I wasn't in a panic and was more puzzled than anything else.

@slup @sar104 @Meta4

Last edited:
I suppose it is possible I triggered the second RTH via the button on the phone's screen when I was moving the flight mode switch [...]
I don't think it's possible to inadvertently trigger RTH via the onscreen button, because (for my Mini) it pops up a second menu asking whether you want to Land or RTH. And you then have to press and hold that selection to confirm and activate either one.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
I don't think it's possible to inadvertently trigger RTH via the onscreen button, because (for my Mini) it pops up a second menu asking whether you want to Land or RTH. And you then have to press and hold that selection to confirm and activate either one.
Thanks for the reply.
That's what I thought but I didn't check, curiouser and curiouser

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu