DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

200' from H, Mini SE Will RTH, only 33% of attempts

Etbrown4

Reactions
This SE has about 25 hours of flight time and up until today, would RTH reliably.

The failures and successes all occured at 200' from home, 75' height, the RTH altitude is set at 91', and the Dji Fly app 1.7.5 is set to RTH if RTH is pressed.

I used the app screen for RTH, and did not press the top left button.

66% of the attempts, it elected to land directly below its current position, and 33% worked.

Wind was low, rc signal high, gps solid locked on 10-12 satellites each attempt. H established before departure.

I've just reinstalled the app, and it seemingly deleted the logs in my phone.

There were 9 attempts, and 6 failed, just straight landing below the current location.

Among various suggestions on this forum and others, was to reinstall the app and that appears to delete logs.

That these failures occurred is for certain, and at least for now, it substantially lowers my confidence in this drone.

I'll do more tests and see what happens. I'm in a semi rural area with low interference, but even if the rc or gps was weak, it's still supposed to come home reliably.

Reactions: LoudThunder
Ah.... are you "djiuser_UWwbJhkKO0dX" from the thread New Mini SE, Defective or Erroneous VPS
over on the DJI forum?

If so, several people have now asked you to post the logs of these flawed flights, the screen captures you show on the DJI forum aren't really of much use. It would appear you know of Phantomhelp so you might have the URL of that flight to hand.

As mentioned, several forum suggestions included reinstall of the app which I did, and that appears to delete logs.

Due to this drone's recent RTH failures, I'll be testing further to see what the problem is. If needed I'll ask Dji for a warranty replacement.

As stated in the user manual for the Mini SE.

The default Home Point is the first location where the aircraft received a strong or moderately strong GPS signal (where the icon shows white). It is recommended to wait until the Home Point is successfully recorded before flying. After the Home Point is recorded, the aircraft status indicator blinks green and a prompt appears in DJI Fly. If it is necessary to update the Home Point during the flight (such as if the user changes position), the Home Point can be manually updated under Safety in System Settings on DJI Fly..
Also the Mini SE doesn't have a precision landing feature like some of the other drones (where you ascend to 30 ft, and hold for a little bit as it maps out the ground below it). But should still be waiting for a good home point fix to be made before continuing forward.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada