DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly 1.3.1 for IOS has appeared in App Store

Macinfo

Reactions
The latest version popped up in the App Store this AM, V1.3.1, all it says is "Fixes certain issues and optimizes overall app stability" Pilots in warm climates, start your testing...

Have only downloaded 1.3.0 and now another update. No specifics mentioned in the App Store. Any idea why?
Regards

Have only downloaded 1.3.0 and now another update. No specifics mentioned in the App Store. Any idea why?
Regards
I have never seen anything specific other than in the cases where its sort of obvious that its related to the release of a new model drone.

You can probably find postings in these forums for previous releases of DJI software or DJI Fly and the basic verbiage is mostly always the same, fixes of some sort, App Stability... and perhaps rarely, though I am not sure, a mention of a specific fix for some specific issue..

As always, DJI is cryptic about what their updates are all about.

Language / translation problem? Or plain lack of attention to details?

? :rolleyes:

EDIT: Just checked the DJI download center now and it still shows 1.3.0 for both IOS and Android. Screenshot below.

Attachments

• Screenshot (27).png
    Screenshot (27).png
    135 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Yahoo.... Another one.

As always, DJI is cryptic about what their updates are all about.

Language / translation problem? Or plain lack of attention to details?

? :rolleyes:

EDIT: Just checked the DJI download center now and it still shows 1.3.0 for both IOS and Android. Screenshot below.
The DJI Website is always behind the curve, the only reason to go there is for Android, the App Store for IOS will notify you relatively promptly, or you can easily check it in one of a couple ways I've noted in other threads to refresh to look for updated apps or search for the specific app to see if an update is available.

And if you look at most every App update you ever get, no matter the app with rare exceptions they always say We've updated our app to fix bugs (never or rarely described) or to improve the app (never described how) Made it easier to use, (Not sure how again in most cases) or performance enhancements (never ever noticed), and last but not least, "security improvements"..

So its not just DJI by a long shot.

It's a .1 release, most likely just minor bug fixes.

Reactions: ckoerner
I downloaded this update at least 2 weeks ago. How come you’re only getting the update now?
I’m on iOS

I downloaded this update at least 2 weeks ago. How come you’re only getting the update now?
I’m on iOS
You may have downloaded IOS 1.3.0 , its now 1,3.1 and that came out a couple days ago..

Probably just a slight boo-boo they wanted to correct. Sounds like they are on the ball.......??
downloaded the IOS version for the iPad but haven’t took‘r up yet.
very bad weather on the NW Fla Gulf coast

• Wow
Reactions: johnmall1
Honestly. I downloaded this at least two weeks ago. That was the last time I recharged my batteries. Strange
Interesting, your graphic did not load for me, however I'd check to see if you have the same build #. on the settings page on the left at the bottom, mine says 1.3.1 (440) , IOS, if yours says something different, perhaps you got an inadvertent release.

Interesting, your graphic did not load for me, however I'd check to see if you have the same build #. on the settings page on the left at the bottom, mine says 1.3.1 (440) , IOS, if yours says something different, perhaps you got an inadvertent release.
Mine also says 1.3.1 on my Smartphone, and I haven't done a download on the phone in at least 2 weeks, maybe longer, as I rarely use it any more since I got the Smart Controller. Speaking of which, I tried to do a download on the Smart Controller but all I get is version 1.3.0. Cannot get 1.3.1 on the SC.

Mine also says 1.3.1 on my Smartphone, and I haven't done a download on the phone in at least 2 weeks, maybe longer, as I rarely use it any more since I got the Smart Controller. Speaking of which, I tried to do a download on the Smart Controller but all I get is version 1.3.0. Cannot get 1.3.1 on the SC.
Fly shows the version of the app in more than one location. If your flying, and go to the settings ellipse, and probably under "About", it shows the App version and if you just open the app before connecting to the AC, you can go to profile - settings and its at the bottom of a menu on the left. This reports a build #, as well, and in some releases of Fly, this number has changed where the version has not.. As I noted, if you really want to get specific, you look for what I assume is a build # on the settings page, not necessarily under the About Menu.

Fly shows the version of the app in more than one location. If your flying, and go to the settings ellipse, and probably under "About", it shows the App version and if you just open the app before connecting to the AC, you can go to profile - settings and its at the bottom of a menu on the left. This reports a build #, as well, and in some releases of Fly, this number has changed where the version has not.. As I noted, if you really want to get specific, you look for what I assume is a build # on the settings page, not necessarily under the About Menu.
I have done that on the Smart Controller. Profile/Settings, scroll down to bottom left. It does not use the term "Build #" anywhere. Below "Log Out" is the line "DJI Fly v1.3.0(928-official)" If I tap on "About" then on the right side are two items: Check for Updates and Auto Check for Updates. When I tap on Check for Updates, I get the message "DJI Fly firmware up-to-date."

Quite simply, the Smart Controller does not recognize nor does it allow version 1.3.1.

IPad mini 4 no longer works? Was thinking of 1 but not gonna spend as much for pad as the drone itself.
you can of course use an iPad Mini for far more than flying a drone... so there are other ways to make use of it for the cost the loading up Fly.. You could edit your videos, organize photos, and more... All depends on how creative you want to be...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbee