DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly 1.6.12 Problem

Honk

Reactions
I downloaded the 1.6.12 apk a few days ago when 1.6.9 stopped working, as many people were experiencing. It seemed fine until I went to the Flight Data Center. When I picked a flight to review, all I got was a static world map with a small block of text in Chinese and no replay of the flight. All of my listed flights simply displayed the static world map and Chinese text but no flight replay. The next day, I saw somewhere here in the forums (sorry, don't remember where) that 1.6.10 was now available at DJI downloads even though it was still identified as 1.6.9. I downloaded that apk. Inside the app it identified itself as 1.6.10. It seemed to work perfectly. Today I rec'vd the message that an update (1.6.12) was available. I figured they must have fixed the Flight Data Center problem, so I updated. But no, it still had the Flight Data Center issue of the static world map and Chinese text but no flight replay. So, I have uninstalled 1.6.12 and reverted back to the 1.6.10.

Anybody else experience this?

I downloaded the 1.6.12 apk a few days ago when 1.6.9 stopped working, as many people were experiencing. It seemed fine until I went to the Flight Data Center. When I picked a flight to review, all I got was a static world map with a small block of text in Chinese and no replay of the flight. All of my listed flights simply displayed the static world map and Chinese text but no flight replay. The next day, I saw somewhere here in the forums (sorry, don't remember where) that 1.6.10 was now available at DJI downloads even though it was still identified as 1.6.9. I downloaded that apk. Inside the app it identified itself as 1.6.10. It seemed to work perfectly. Today I rec'vd the message that an update (1.6.12) was available. I figured they must have fixed the Flight Data Center problem, so I updated. But no, it still had the Flight Data Center issue of the static world map and Chinese text but no flight replay. So, I have uninstalled 1.6.12 and reverted back to the 1.6.10.

I'm sure it's here someplace but could you point us to how to revert?

Reactions: silvioalessi
I'm sure it's here someplace but could you point us to how to revert?
Hello akdrone. I was able to revert back to 1.6.10 because I still had the apk in a folder on my phone, so I just uninstalled 1.6.12 and reinstalled 1.6.10. I don't know if DJI has the 1.6.10 available as a legacy version anywhere on their website. Perhaps they do. If not, is there a way I can post my 1.6.10 apk so it is available to all that want it?

Reactions: wonderdawg64
Hello akdrone. I was able to revert back to 1.6.10 because I still had the apk in a folder on my phone, so I just uninstalled 1.6.12 and reinstalled 1.6.10. I don't know if DJI has the 1.6.10 available as a legacy version anywhere on their website. Perhaps they do. If not, is there a way I can post my 1.6.10 apk so it is available to all that want it?
I'm not certain if it's allowed to post the file here, but the screen for Reply has an "Attach files" button that could work.

I am having no problem with my Mavic 3 and standard controller on my 12.9" ipad with 1/6/12. My Mini 3 is still at 1.6.9 and On my Mini 3 the Flight Data Center takes several minutes to load even after it has loaded and I then leave it and return it sits at Loading for quite a bit as in 3 or 4 minutes. I turned on my local wifi network but that doesn't seem to speed it up. Should I be connecting via cable?? It does finally come on and I choose a flight I get a brief moment of a world map and then the streetview opens and the "flight" begins. All seems to be good other than the very long wait time for the Flight Data Screen. I got a prompt for the update and since my other iOS device is working well am going forward.

Last edited:
The firmware update for my Mini 3 was for the aircraft. I'm still at 1.6.9 for the DJI FLy app. Not sure if it's important to update or if that happens automatically

But maps is now in low resolution !!! not mapbox anymore !
for a control at this price range ! what a mess !!
I downgraded the firmware and Flyapp to 1.6.6

View attachment 153479
I thought that was the case for me too but in subsequent attempts to look at the map it is all quite normal. I am at 1.6.12 with no problems on iOS.

Reactions: Honk
But maps is now in low resolution !!! not mapbox anymore !
for a control at this price range ! what a mess !!
I downgraded the firmware and Flyapp to 1.6.6

View attachment 153479

There is already a topic for the RC in the DJI Board since the change done by firmware update. (>.150 I guess)
I received a new RC from DJI and the better Mapbox working fine, than I did the FW update and RC change to Maptiler.

The Issue is not on phone, still nice aerial image with RC-N1 controller :)

There is a new version 1.6.12 (1610) available which corrects this issue.

Reactions: Mikosh and Honk

Yes same here-I have revereted back to 1.6.9 and are not having any problems DJI Mini SE

Thanks for posting this. Just downloaded and yes it does!
I show no update available when I connect my RC to my Mini 3 Pro. My DJI Fly app is at 1.6.9 and there is no firmware update. My satellite view is also very low res on my Mini 3 Pro. I mean...Mini 3 - Pro?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan