Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly 1.6.9 released

MS Coast

That's MS as in Mississippi.
Premium Pilot
Reactions
The apk is titled 1657082707253-DJI-v1.6.9-220705-1005-52705-official-sec.apk

But once again, DJI hasn't updated the text on the download page, which shows 1.6.8. And there are no release notes. I did find this description on another site.

What’s New?
- Fixed issue: "Weak signal. Adjust antennas" pop-up message did not disappear automatically when using Mavic Mini.
- Fixes some issues and optimizes overall app quality.

I've seen reviews of the 1.6.9 update that are troubling. The ByPass function using obstacle avoidance seems to have broken when shooting at anything above 30 fps. At higher frame rates, the Mini 3 Pro just stops at the obstacle and does not try to find its way around. I downloaded the updated to my iPhone but don't think I will do so in the DJI RC until I see that this has been remedied.

Reactions: LoudThunder
I've seen reviews of the 1.6.9 update that are troubling. The ByPass function using obstacle avoidance seems to have broken when shooting at anything above 30 fps. At higher frame rates, the Mini 3 Pro just stops at the obstacle and does not try to find its way around. I downloaded the updated to my iPhone but don't think I will do so in the DJI RC until I see that this has been remedied.
APAS is disabled shooting above 30 fps in 4k due to the increase in brainpower needed. Here's a section from page 28 in the Manual (v1.2). I believe APAS might have been allowed to work in higher frame rates in one of the previous updates, possibly by mistake but no longer does as per the manual. Please correct me on this if I am wrong.

APAS Disabled - Page 28.jpg

Thank you. Great sleuthing!
You're welcome. My Mini 3 Pro arrives tomorrow so I've been reading the manual.
One APAS feature with the current update that may work when in 4k 60fps is that the drone will stop and hold (Brake) rather bypass, no matter if the setting is "ByPass". It takes a lot more brain power to figure a way to Pass than to to just stop and it's too busy to both shoot and bypass at the higher frame rates.

I noticed another subtle change: When switching exposure to manual the value that used to be called EV is labeled M.M. No idea what this stands for or why it was changed. When switching to Auto it shows the value as EV as it did before. The only thing that comes to mind is that this setting is changeable in AUTO mode to add exposure bias to the automatic setting while in manual mode it represents the degree in which the manual exposure settings differ from AUTO/EV0.

I noticed another subtle change: When switching exposure to manual the value that used to be called EV is labeled M.M. No idea what this stands for or why it was changed. When switching to Auto it shows the value as EV as it did before. The only thing that comes to mind is that this setting is changeable in AUTO mode to add exposure bias to the automatic setting while in manual mode it represents the degree in which the manual exposure settings differ from AUTO/EV0.
I'm remembering that showed up in an earlier revision of the Fly app. I think you're right on target with what it represents.

I'm guessing DJI chose M.M. (information display only) to avoid confusion with the EV that provides information and a control function.

I might have chosen EVref.

I also have version 1.6.9. running on my Mini 2 and I ran three batteries through it. I did this in my back yard and there are no power lines, towers, or any other structure to provide electrical interference…

The first time I started my Drone, it did not get past 4-Satellites in more than 5-minutes of just sitting there and I usually collect at least 10-12 satellites in less than 1-minute. I shut everything down and restarted all, this time it collected 10-satellites in about 2-minutes. There after with the remaining batteries, even shutting everything down several times. I had no further problems acquiring satellites quickly.

I checked all menu items and all seemed well. I took off and hovered for several moments just making small movements (up, down, left, right, and yaw) to ensure the drone was responsive.

All seems to work well; video, photos, quick shots, etc…

The only I issue I had was that even though I have the Upward Gimbal Rotation enabled, the Gimbal would not elevate above the horizon. I disabled it and re-enabled it and it worked fine thereafter…

That's my story and I'm sticking to it…

Fly Safe…

Last edited:
Reactions: AZDave
The first time I started my Drone, it did get past 4-Satellites in more than 5-minutes of just sitting there and I usually collect at least 10-12 satellites in less than 1-minute. I shut everything down and restarted all, this time it collected 10-satellites in about 2-minutes.
I think that's normal. I seem to remember that it takes quite a bit longer to acquire satellites the first time then it's much quicker in subsequence startups from a similar area. The same for firmware reboots as all the satellites have to be initially acquired again. Hopefully someone will come along to clarify that.

The apk is titled 1657082707253-DJI-v1.6.9-220705-1005-52705-official-sec.apk

But once again, DJI hasn't updated the text on the download page, which shows 1.6.8. And there are no release notes. I did find this description on another site.

What’s New?
- Fixed issue: "Weak signal. Adjust antennas" pop-up message did not disappear automatically when using Mavic Mini.
- Fixes some issues and optimizes overall app quality.

Hello,

I've tested today my mini 1 and after 60m I was receiving the weak signal pop-up :(....

I also have version 1.6.9. running on my Mini 2 and I ran three batteries through it. I did this in my back yard and there are no power lines, towers, or any other structure to provide electrical interference…

The first time I started my Drone, it did not get past 4-Satellites in more than 5-minutes of just sitting there and I usually collect at least 10-12 satellites in less than 1-minute. I shut everything down and restarted all, this time it collected 10-satellites in about 2-minutes. There after with the remaining batteries, even shutting everything down several times. I had no further problems acquiring satellites quickly.

I checked all menu items and all seemed well. I took off and hovered for several moments just making small movements (up, down, left, right, and yaw) to ensure the drone was responsive.

The only I issue I had was that even though I have the Upward Gimbal Rotation enabled, the Gimbal would not elevate above the horizon. I disabled it and re-enabled it and it worked fine thereafter…

Fly Safe…
It's odd but it seems to be location specific geographically. My MM2 sat for about a week with no use or power. I have a shop in my basement with a good internet connection and completed the update on my MM2 and MA2 and both the updates went well.

I took the MM2 out to my backyard and have a wide open area to fly and had 14 sats in seconds and 21 sats in under 30 seconds. This is the fastest and most sats I have had in this location.

My signal strength remained at full as far out as I could fly VLOS. Overall my signal problems in this area seemed to be resolved, I have had some issues in the past.

I have no explanation or am saying that it's the update, just sharing my experience after the update.

just sharing my experience after the update.

As I was; on another web site, a member was complaining that all of their photos were low res. They did not know the high res photos were on their MicroSD Card. And after being told that, wrote again asking how to download the photos… This, in spite of the fact that I even sent them the link to the User Manual on the first posting…

Even on this site, some members have written in complaining that after activating their drone for the first time and updating the all the firm/software; they had no or only a few satellites showing up in the App. Later we found out they were still sitting at their kitchen table doing the activation and updates with WiFi and never thought that the house/apartment structure might interfere with reception…

So, I wanted to share my experience with the issue of a "stuck" Upward Gimbal Rotation and that the Soft/Firmware Version Update 1.6.9. did not break the Gimbal but might have only reset it without the corresponding update to the display and that I "fixed" it by disabling it and then re-Enabling it…

As you shared that after you updated, you did not experience any problems with acquiring satellites. That information would provide members with the knowledge that if they were having problems, it probably was not the update causing it… Kudos…

blah.png

Your assumption about the function of the EV setting "changing" when in manual is mostly correct. When in manual mode the M.M. is now just functioning as a meter of the actual exposure to help the user use the available settings to get the correct exposure. It is not compared to anything in auto just an average of the actual scene.
In auto modes, it is, indeed, a selectable option but not when in manual shooting mode where it is just a guide/meter. This has always been how it works and has been a part of modern"normal" photography cameras forever.

APAS is disabled shooting above 30 fps in 4k due to the increase in brainpower needed. Here's a section from page 28 in the Manual (v1.2). I believe APAS might have been allowed to work in higher frame rates in one of the previous updates, possibly by mistake but no longer does as per the manual. Please correct me on this if I am wrong.

View attachment 151351
@EyesWideShut @LoudThunder whats your take on this update? Should we ignore or download?

@EyesWideShut @LoudThunder whats your take on this update? Should we ignore or download?
I've only had the M3P and RC for just over a week and have updated everything when available. Currently up to date with AC - 01.00.0201, RC - 01.01.0100 and Fly App v1.6.9. With the latest versions so far going thru a couple of batteries I have noticed some improvements and more importantly had no problems.

We are really pushing the M3P and RC with screen recording, APAS on, high video frame rates, GPS hyperlapse,/Quickshots/Mastershots, tracking etc. I almost always screen record with the DJI RC. I get a lot of info about what's going on that I usually miss during flying but it does tax the system processing speed and which generates more heat. A side note, I've just added a usb mic to the DJI RC screen recording to add comments to self when flying. Seems to work fine. I can put up with hearing a few swear words...

I have been using the recommended speed SD cards from the start but had a couple of lockups on my first flights. That's gone away. Still a little unsure about how accurate the AC and RC orientation is. It may be off by a dozen degrees but so far that's at very close proximity. Still have to test at distance. That's where the screen recording comes in handy.

So @PalmettoAerial my short answer is yes. Give it a try.

Fly Safe…
I've only had the M3P and RC for just over a week and have updated everything when available. Currently up to date with AC - 01.00.0201, RC - 01.01.0100 and Fly App v1.6.9. With the latest versions so far going thru a couple of batteries I have noticed some improvements and more importantly had no problems.

We are really pushing the M3P and RC with screen recording, APAS on, high video frame rates, GPS hyperlapse,/Quickshots/Mastershots, tracking etc. I almost always screen record with the DJI RC. I get a lot of info about what's going on that I usually miss during flying but it does tax the system processing speed and which generates more heat. A side note, I've just added a usb mic to the DJI RC screen recording to add comments to self when flying. Seems to work fine. I can put up with hearing a few swear words...

I have been using the recommended speed SD cards from the start but had a couple of lockups on my first flights. That's gone away. Still a little unsure about how accurate the AC and RC orientation is. It may be off by a dozen degrees but so far that's at very close proximity. Still have to test at distance. That's where the screen recording comes in handy.

So @PalmettoAerial my short answer is yes. Give it a try.
Great info. Thanks for the response

I was going to grab a Samsung pro + 128gb. Thoughts on that card? It seems to have solid write speeds. I grabbed an older one out of my bag when I first launched the 2S about a month ago and there was significant lag

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S