DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly and iPadOS 15

MarcBorchardt

Reactions
I have been using my Magic Air2s with an 11” iPad Pro without any issue. Late last week updated iPad to 15.0. Now can not connect or even see my remote. All drone and app software has been updated. Even factory reset iPad without any luck. Is this a known issue? Suggestions?

I have been using my Magic Air2s with an 11” iPad Pro without any issue. Late last week updated iPad to 15.0. Now can not connect or even see my remote. All drone and app software has been updated. Even factory reset iPad without any luck. Is this a known issue? Suggestions?
Other DJI iOS apps have been updated to run with iOS 15. Not so DJI Fly or Go 4. I assume that the current apps are not fully compatible with iOS 15 and an update will (hopefully) follow soon.

my iPad is working fine on IOS 15 have flown both my MPP and MM since updating with no issues so far

Reactions: dirkclod

ipad mini5 on iOS 15 + Air2s have been working fine. I have an 11" pro, I'll update that and try it and report back.

All DJI apps work on my iPhone updated to 15

Hmmm, just got a new MINI 6 the other day. Haven't tried FLY with it. Since it's USB C I'm concerned. Maybe I will go back to 14.8 if it allows me (since it never had 14.x on it).

Hmmm, just got a new MINI 6 the other day. Haven't tried FLY with it. Since it's USB C I'm concerned. Maybe I will go back to 14.8 if it allows me (since it never had 14.x on it).
Let me know how you get on. I have one on order but it hasn’t shipped yet!

iOS 15 with DJI Fly & GO 4 app
Disconnected yesterday while flying with MA2S. Was out 8K feet with no obstructions.
Came back auto with fly home.
Hope they fix this ASAP.

Downgraded my IPad Pro 11” to iPadOS 14.8 from the 15.0 and was able to connect instantly.
I haven't been flying yet but otherwise iOS 15.4–15.4.1 seems to work fine. It connected no problem and let me update firmware and spin the props. Great fun!

Maybe the problem is just with iPadOS 15.x and DJI Fly. It might help to uninstall DJI Fly and reinstall it. Maybe Force Restart the iPad after installing. In your case downgrading the iPadOS worked for you.

If you still have trouble, turn remote and bird on and hook up ipad if no camera view trying putting a charger on remote. In the field I use a jumper pack, once it connects you can take charge off.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98