DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly App 1.4.2 update

So in 1.4.2, the Phone Charging option is gone?

View attachment 129370

I never have it on anyway, if your phone is not fully charged or near fully charged, why are you flying that you have to suck power from the RC? just my 2 cents.. Seems that i'd rather have the RC keep the power..

There can be various reasons for using that feature. I use it mostly when it's very cold outside because the iPhone battery doesn't do well on its own when it's super cold.

Has this been released in the UK & Europe? I ask because I've gone to the DJI Download site to check. (Android phone) It only shows the 1.4.0. I'm in the US. I've seen YouTube videos that talk about 1.4.2.

Regarding the phone charging, is it actually not charging or just not in the menu? I ask because I have a Samsung S9 phone and the phone charging is not in the menu either, but when I hook the phone cable up to the RC, the phone starts charging without doing anything.
Dji download shows 1.4.0 if you click on the link the details show 1.4.2 and after download the app shows 1.4.2

Reactions: Prop Wash
There can be various reasons for using that feature. I use it mostly when it's very cold outside because the iPhone battery doesn't do well on its own when it's super cold.
Same. Also now that I have the iPhone 12 mini, when I crank the brightness all the way up while flying, it’ll chew through the battery on the phone. A little extra juice helps. The battery in the RC is huge and has the spare juice to give.

Dji download shows 1.4.0 if you click on the link the details show 1.4.2 and after download the app shows 1.4.2
Sure enough! I went in to start the process and the download page actually said 1.4.2! Downloaded, installed...and complete! 'droid phone still charges!! Thanks Large! I appreciate it.

Last edited:
Iphone charging toggle is gone from the menu, still charges the phone when connected
Correction to this, it doesn't charge. Phone makes the sound it usually makes when connected to a charger and briefly shows the current charge and lightning icon which then disappears.

If I had to guess, because chances are videos and comments not withstanding, DJI removed this feature for some technical reason we are not aware of.. whether its a valid, good, bad or other technical reason, it was good enough for them. I suspect we will not see this option again.. Course for those that really miss it and it comes back, time will tell..

I'm having issues using a galaxy A7 tablet with the new update, transcoding failed everytime i film in 4K and 2.7K on my mini 2 , the editing screen is on its side compared to the dji fly app screen , every video in 4K and 2K won't play back after downloading for editing as well , any solutions other than replacing my new tablet considering it worked great until this update

I'm having issues using a galaxy A7 tablet with the new update, transcoding failed everytime i film in 4K and 2.7K on my mini 2 , the editing screen is on its side compared to the dji fly app screen , every video in 4K and 2K won't play back after downloading for editing as well , any solutions other than replacing my new tablet considering it worked great until this update
Welcome to the forum and enjoy.

I don't have to worry about iPhone because I am using iPad mini 5.

Make sure your video codecs didn't get changed in the update. Normal is H264. I have found if it is set to H265 in the app the video not play back for me.

Make sure your video codecs didn't get changed in the update. Normal is H264. I have found if it is set to H265 in the app the video not play back for me.
My tablet says H264 , I tried the fly app on a Samsung S9 cell phone and had no issues, but the A7 tablet stopped working with the new update, from January of this year till recent it worked, im going to force factory reset the tablet to see if maybe I picked a bug

I have an S8 and it did the same thing. Now I can't get the app to work. I'll get the connection guide screen but anything I touch flashes for a second and goes back to connection guide screen. Anyone else get this too? I have a mini and 1.4 2 update.

Its out now for andriod

Has this been released in the UK & Europe? I ask because I've gone to the DJI Download site to check. (Android phone) It only shows the 1.4.0. I'm in the US. I've seen YouTube videos that talk about 1.4.2.

Regarding the phone charging, is it actually not charging or just not in the menu? I ask because I have a Samsung S9 phone and the phone charging is not in the menu either, but when I hook the phone cable up to the RC, the phone starts charging without doing anything.
Yup, for Android, phone charging is indeed automatic. Plug in the phone and boom, it charges. No menu option to turn that on or off that I know of.

iPhone charging works for me perfectly. I plug the phone, charging starts automatically and never stops.

For me this is a million times better than 1.4.0 version in which you needed to toggle the control every single time and which of course I was forgetting to toggle 9 times out of 10.

So yes, thumbs up for implementing the automatic iphone charging in version 1.4.2.

Well done DJI.

The IOS versions and Android versions never seem to come out at the same time, this has occurred for the past few versions that I can recall. There have been release versions that were different from IOS to Android.

I suspect that Android just takes longer to release because of all the disparate Droid versions that they try to test against to at least have some stability. Its probably a lot easier on IOS to do this.
DJI prefers Apple.

Correction to this, it doesn't charge. Phone makes the sound it usually makes when connected to a charger and briefly shows the current charge and lightning icon which then disappears.
iPad is real picky about which chargers it will allow to charge it with.

Yup, for Android, phone charging is indeed automatic. Plug in the phone and boom, it charges. No menu option to turn that on or off that I know of.
Androids start charging by default. Changing the charging function is covered elsewhere. Think it requires a rooting to change.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom