• DJI Fly App update 1.4.2.jpg
    DJI Fly App update 1.4.2.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 144
  • DJI Fly App update 1.4.2a.jpg
    DJI Fly App update 1.4.2a.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 136
I’m missing charge phone option

Reactions: cc_jim
Has this been released in the UK & Europe? I ask because I've gone to the DJI Download site to check. (Android phone) It only shows the 1.4.0. I'm in the US. I've seen YouTube videos that talk about 1.4.2.

Regarding the phone charging, is it actually not charging or just not in the menu? I ask because I have a Samsung S9 phone and the phone charging is not in the menu either, but when I hook the phone cable up to the RC, the phone starts charging without doing anything.

Reactions: DameEdnaBrown
Where is the phone charging option?
Apparently, in version 1.4.2, it's been taken out of the menu where it was before so there is no option. Some in this thread say they don't get iPhone charging now. Some say it starts charging when they hook up their lightning cable from the RC. As I stated above, that's what happens with my Android phone.

Hopefully, as more info comes out about it, we can get a clearer picture of how it's working.

There seem to be reports of the iPhone overheating abnormally during the charging process. Maybe they'll put it back.

No android version yet?

So in 1.4.2, the Phone Charging option is gone?

1621443768753.png

I never have it on anyway, if your phone is not fully charged or near fully charged, why are you flying that you have to suck power from the RC? just my 2 cents.. Seems that i'd rather have the RC keep the power..

I can't find it either. What's up with that?
The IOS versions and Android versions never seem to come out at the same time, this has occurred for the past few versions that I can recall. There have been release versions that were different from IOS to Android.

I suspect that Android just takes longer to release because of all the disparate Droid versions that they try to test against to at least have some stability. Its probably a lot easier on IOS to do this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pautna and ckoerner
So in 1.4.2, the Phone Charging option is gone?

View attachment 129370

I never have it on anyway, if your phone is not fully charged or near fully charged, why are you flying that you have to suck power from the RC? just my 2 cents.. Seems that i'd rather have the RC keep the power..
Maybe its not that some people are flying with a phone that is not fully charged or not near fully charged. Maybe its because some people need to have battery left in their phones to last the rest of the day after flying. You know... For those who don't have the luxury of having a device dedicated for flying.

Maybe its not that some people are flying with a phone that is not fully charged or not near fully charged. Maybe its because some people need to have battery left in their phones to last the rest of the day after flying. You know... For those who don't have the luxury of having a device dedicated for flying.
Don't have a dedicated device and never run out of power after flying, Course everyone is different in their usage and perhaps the age of the device.. However if you start fully charged or close, then I'd think you'd make it through the day, if not, have a car charger or some other charging device which are relatively cheap to recharge one's phone handy after the fact, just takes a little planning and this feature is not required..

Oh well.. I guess someone needs to either: save up for a new phone or save up for a car (and car charger) or skip a meal or two to buy a power bank. Wait a minute... oh right, there is no need to do any of those, the controller already has a feature that resolves the phone battery issue.

Reactions: Grazuncle
Oh well.. I guess someone needs to either: save up for a new phone or save up for a car (and car charger) or skip a meal or two to buy a power bank. Wait a minute... oh right, there is no need to do any of those, the controller already has a feature that resolves the phone battery issue.
Wonder how many meals they skipped to buy their US$1000 DJI drone?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard