DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly app available for download

64 bit only! I have installed DJI Fly by downloading the apk from DJI directly. It does install on my Nokia 2.2, 64 bit Android 9 phone. This is the cheapest phone I could find a month ago.

Fly would not install on my Samsung Galaxy Tab A, (released May 2019). This is a 32 bit Android 9 tablet that I prefer to use. I had a similar problem installing Dronelink until I tried their 32 bit version.

Fly would also not install on my 32 bit HP Touchpad running Android 7.

Antutu is your friend if you want to know about your device.

DJI - Will there be a 32 bit version of Fly?
You’ll have to contact DJI as they do not participate here.

Not that I have a Mini or tested with an M2, but I successfully downloaded app from Play and installed on HTC 10.

Not sure if this was due to not actually being connected to a mini but I found Signal Loss setting under Safety/Advanced, and all three options were available: RTH, land and hover. Not sure if the other options are selectable though.

I successfully obtained, installed from Play onto Tab A 9.7" pre-2019 and ran it up to and including camera view. Granted I don't have a Mini to connect to, and Play does warn it isn't optimized for my device. No such warning on the HTC.

And I can offline select all options in Signal Loss setting.

Now to test if app can connect to M2.

So I connected my M2 remote to both the HTC and Tab A (not at the same time of course) and selected USB to use DJI Fly. Fly responded device not supported in both cases. Didn't crash though.

App version 1.0.1, updated on 11/9 according to app info in Play.

Since I can't actually use the app and HTC is tight in space, I'm uninstalling from HTC.

Does this replace the current DJI Go 4?
No. You should use the software that was designed for your drone model. For the Mavic Mini, that's the DJI Fly app.

So, no tablet support for Android yet? Looking to buy a Android tablet for the Mini because my phone has an older version of Android.

That's hard to say. I successfully installed Fly on Tab A, but I don't have a Mini. Several others successfully installed and ran Fly, but as soon as AC was connected, app crashes.

There is a report in a different thread this Android tablet works - Huawei MediaPad M5 Tablet 8.4" https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BBCMNMT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I can report this Huawei MediaPad M5 Tablet 8.4" works well. The MM is the second drone I have purchased, but the first I have received (Skydio2 will arrive 2nd quarter 2020). The MediaPad M5 8.4" runs DJI FLY very well, picture/video fills the screen, and it is very bright in use outside. This tablet has GPS in it, so maps work.

Maps do not need GPS from the tablet. It will position the map to the home point once the AC is connected. Even without GPS and connection to the AC, map manages to find your position in other ways.

Maps do not need GPS from the tablet. It will position the map to the home point once the AC is connected. Even without GPS and connection to the AC, map manages to find your position in other ways.

The main reason I choose the Mediapad M5 over an iPad Mini is because all I read on these forums was not to purchase a wireless only iPad because it would not have GPS. It seems to be presented as being needed on all DJI drones.

I actually stressed over which tablet to purchase for my 1st drone because of the GPS issue talked about in these forums.

No, GPS is not absolutely needed on a tablet. Plenty have flown the other Mavics on the WiFi only iPad. Map may initially show your RC position wrong prior to AC connection, and you won't be able to set your home point to RC position, that's all.
Also can't use the Follow Me flight mode on the older models (not to be confused with Active Track). But not many have the need to set HP to RC position, and nobody uses Follow Me.

It's nice to have GPS on the device, but not necessary.

triptx, have you taken any video in flight yet?

Yes, I have taken 1080P at 60 fps. It looked good. With that said, I started another thread about the Huawei MediaPad M5. It stopped connecting to MM today, which is the 4th day of owning. I tried different OTG cable, but no luck. MediaPad M5 starts the DJI app when controller is turned on, so the MediaPad is connecting to the controller, but it will not connect to MM anymore.

I have a Samsung S7 Active, which does connect to MM and I can fly with the S7 Active, and also video record with the S7 Active. Video transmission to S7 Active was smooth.

I will update the other thread I started about the MediaPad issue. At this time I'm performing a full system reset to factory. If it doesn't connect again, or stops connecting again, then the MediaPad will be returned to Amazon. I only purchased a tablet to have a larger screen than S7 Active cell phone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes