DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly app available for download

Update, reset the tablet to factory. Wiped it clean. Downloaded the Fly app, and it is working again. Will test it daily to see if it stops again. Not going to setup my Microsoft 360 account or MS Cloud this time. The M5 was purchased as a screen for this MM, so I don't need word, excel, powerpoint, etc. on it.

DJI just posted the DJI Fly app page here on their website. A beta version of the iOS app is available and the APK can be downloaded for Android mobile devices.

View attachment 85229
Please excuse my ignorance if this question sounds stupid--does this availability of this new flying app for the mini mean that the mini will NOT work w/ the DJI GO 4 app that I use for my MP2 and Spark? Thanks.

Please excuse my ignorance if this question sounds stupid--does this availability of this new flying app for the mini mean that the mini will NOT work w/ the DJI GO 4 app that I use for my MP2 and Spark? Thanks.
Yep, that’s right. Mavic Mini is only compatible to DJI Fly.

But it looks like DJI Fly will support other (recent) drones in the future, so we will hopefully get one App to „ruuuuuule them all“ ;-)

Yep, that’s right. Mavic Mini is only compatible to DJI Fly.

But it looks like DJI Fly will support other (recent) drones in the future, so we will hopefully get one App to „ruuuuuule them all“ ;-)
Thanks, I sort of figured that. Yes, it would be nice to be able to fly all my drones on one app, for sure. :)

DJI just posted the DJI Fly app page here on their website. A beta version of the iOS app is available and the APK can be downloaded for Android mobile devices.

View attachment 85229
Got my MM on the 11th, the firmware updated to the latest version but I noticed when I checked the album on the editor, it didn’t show the photos and QuickShots that I took. You have to download them directly from the sd card. One more thing I noticed was when flying in sports mode, “aircraft power insufficient “ keeps popping up. I think there’s still a lot of bugs to get ironed out.

Got my MM on the 11th, the firmware updated to the latest version but I noticed when I checked the album on the editor, it didn’t show the photos and QuickShots that I took. You have to download them directly from the sd card. One more thing I noticed was when flying in sports mode, “aircraft power insufficient “ keeps popping up. I think there’s still a lot of bugs to get ironed out.
There is a new version of the Android app on the dji site posted today. While the last two installed on my Nokia 2.2 I could not get past the button to enter "Camera View". The new version lets me in. Still does not install on my Samsung Galaxy Tab A. MM due Monday.

There is a new version of the Android app on the dji site posted today. While the last two installed on my Nokia 2.2 I could not get past the button to enter "Camera View". The new version lets me in. Still does not install on my Samsung Galaxy Tab A. MM due Monday.
i don't see it, it is 1.0.1 can you post a link? thanks

Please excuse my ignorance if this question sounds stupid--does this availability of this new flying app for the mini mean that the mini will NOT work w/ the DJI GO 4 app that I use for my MP2 and Spark?
You got it. You should always use the app made for your drone. DJI lists those apps by drone on the DJI Downloads page.

Reactions: GGehret
Get it from Play so that you keep up with updates. Although the version number has been remaining the same, the build number shown in Profile/Settings has been changing. Latest build is 491.
Latest change is more Android compatibility.

I just confirmed Fly works with Tab A 9.7 pre-2019.

Reactions: WooZie
Downloaded latest build (491) as mentioned above...got it off DJI site as it still won’t show up on Google Play on either of my Android phones.

Huawei Sensa H710VL ( Spark Wunderphone) actually installed it this time without any complaints.

It connects to remote OK; have video, OSD data, menus, etc.

Too dark for (outdoor) flight test but may put the prop cages on after dinner for an indoor test.

Build 491 still not compatible with Huawei Ascend XT2 (H1711).

Here are the specs/benchmarks on the phones:

(WORKS WITH THIS ONE)
Huawei Sensa (H710VL) cellphone
Android 6.0.1
Single processor, eight cores; 4 @1.21 GHz, 4@ @ 1.50 GHz
GPU Adreno 405
Resolution 1080 x 1920
Display ppi 403
benchmark results:
Single core score 613
Multi core score 1946 (note - octacore processor)

(BUILD 491 DOES NOT WORK WITH THIS ONE):
Huawei Ascend XT2 (H1711) cellphone
Android 7.0
ARM Qualcomm CPU
2 processors; 1 with 4 cores @ 1.09GHz; 1 with 4 cores @ 1.40GHz
GPU Adreno 505
Resolution 729 x 1280
Display PPI 268
benchmark results:
Single core score 650
Multi-core score 2887 (note- octacore processor)

I find it odd that build 491 installs on the less-powerful, slower Android device with an older version of the OS.

Last edited:
How to bring it up in Play when it doesn't show in general search:
Search for any app published by DJI, or find one already in your library.
View details
Click on publisher link just below app title.
Fly will appear in the list, quite possibly close to the bottom of the list.

How to bring it up in Play when it doesn't show in general search:
Search for any app published by DJI, or find one already in your library.
View details
Click on publisher link just below app title.
Fly will appear in the list, quite possibly close to the bottom of the list.

Dan:

Nope...can’t see it on either phone, but then these two Huawei Cricket/Straight Talk ‘burn phones’ were dirt cheap...and both run GO 4 fine with the Sparks I have...

Just happy I might have a $40 solution already here as a dedicated flight display and not have to use an expensive iOS device :) or have to buy a new Android one!

Last edited:
i don't see it, it is 1.0.1 can you post a link? thanks
The latest build from the dji site is 1573807827671-DJI-v1.0.1-191114-491-41213-official-sec Note all the stuff after the 1.01.
General comment: While we are all trying to figure out what it works with, if you you use Antutu, whether it is 32 or 64 bit Android might be more useful than how many cores your phone/tablet has.

The latest build from the dji site is 1573807827671-DJI-v1.0.1-191114-491-41213-official-sec Note all the stuff after the 1.01.
General comment: While we are all trying to figure out what it works with, if you you use Antutu, whether it is 32 or 64 bit Android might be more useful than how many cores your phone/tablet has.

AITutu takes too long if I’m just looking at a processor. I installed AIDA64.

The Huawei Sensa (H710VL) uses a Qualcomm Snapdragon 616:

6499d4f78cf06a5d0baf9cdb6c91bb61.jpg

afab3d187613f6c27063e88ae2686824.jpg

The Huawei Ascend XT2 (H1711) uses a Qualcomm 435:
f7402d3ca2eee157fb1195a0e1d580c8.jpg

4af4dea48ef4a3dbf3fa3f207b26c972.jpg

AITutu takes too long if I’m just looking at a processor. I installed AIDA64.

The Huawei Sensa (H710VL) uses a Qualcomm Snapdragon 616:

6499d4f78cf06a5d0baf9cdb6c91bb61.jpg

afab3d187613f6c27063e88ae2686824.jpg

The Huawei Ascend XT2 (H1711) uses a Qualcomm 435:
f7402d3ca2eee157fb1195a0e1d580c8.jpg

4af4dea48ef4a3dbf3fa3f207b26c972.jpg
Well if you don't care for Antutu try some other diagnostic that will tell you if you are using 32 or 64 bit Android. On my tablet I have a 64 bit cpu running on a 32 bit bus. 64 bit programs do not run. (Dronelink - 32 bit does run).

I suspect all this will be moot in another month.

Reactions: wjkrysak
Update, reset the tablet to factory. Wiped it clean. Downloaded the Fly app, and it is working again. Will test it daily to see if it stops again. Not going to setup my Microsoft 360 account or MS Cloud this time. The M5 was purchased as a screen for this MM, so I don't need word, excel, powerpoint, etc. on it.

Update:
I have been flying my MM several times a day the past 4 days, and the MediaPad M5 has been connecting with MM every time. Haven't had anymore problems. The screen is bright outside, and DJI FLY has been working flawlessly on the MediaPad since I reset the MediaPad M5 four mornings ago.

I have found Antutu, as recommended by CareyL, to be helpful. I confirmed status and components of my Samsung Note 8 and it looks like it will meet criteria to fly. I am expecting my MM to arrive today (on the truck), according to tracking and will be able test.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven