DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly App drone radar

Patrol11

Reactions
I have a new Mavic Mini. ( My first real Drone). I’m a bit concerned flying it at a distance worried that I can’t see which way it is facing. The little radar at the bottom of the screen doesn’t seem to work. I have calibrated compass properly, so Can anyone suggest anything?
Thanks all.
Patrol11

This is with a different aircraft, but the principles work with any RC aircraft. The pilot was an award winning RC turbine jet pilot for many years and knows visual flying very well.
Well done. Thank you for taking the time to show us how its done.
I will be practicing what you have taught me when I get home today, weather permitting.

Reactions: Youngson
I’m a bit concerned flying it at a distance worried that I can’t see which way it is facing. The little radar at the bottom of the screen doesn’t seem to work. I have calibrated compass properly, so Can anyone suggest anything?
If your drone is flying straight and hovering properly, recalibrating the compass won't do a thing as the drone's compass is already working as well as is possible.
You don't say what the problem is but the usual query is because the compass in your phone or tablet is the issue.
If your radar display is not indicating north correctly, your phone or tablet might need to have it's compass recalibrated, probably while connected to the controller.
While this is for the Go 4 app, the principles are the same.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada