DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly app keeps crashing during flight

railfan-eric

Reactions
I just got a new Samsung Galaxy S21 and a Mini 2 and everytime i fly the app crashes at least 1-3 times. It's putting me at risk of crashing. It's very unnerving. i even sideloaded the newest version from DJI. but last night it still crashed at least once when flying. I read that google chrome webview is crashing apps so i got the beta version of it installed to see if that helps but so far still the same. anyone else having this issue and know what to do about it? It's not like i have a old or cheap crappy phone. Funny thing is I used my old Galaxy S9+ with my friends Mini 2 several times and had no problems back in Jan and Feb.

Reactions: Hiwayman
Tried restarting the phone ,if so check you have plenty of memory ? Mine was actually out of memory - which crashed to app

Tried restarting the phone ,if so check you have plenty of memory ? Mine was actually out of memory - which crashed to app
I don't see how it could be out of memory it's a top of the line phone. I noticed something is closing out my Poweramp player often too. I restarted my phone awhile ago. haven't flown yet. I haven't flown my friends Mavic Pro 2 yet with this phone so i don't know how DJI Go 4 works on it.

Reactions: Drabschy
I just got a new Samsung Galaxy S21 and a Mini 2 and everytime i fly the app crashes at least 1-3 times. It's putting me at risk of crashing. It's very unnerving. i even sideloaded the newest version from DJI. but last night it still crashed at least once when flying. I read that google chrome webview is crashing apps so i got the beta version of it installed to see if that helps but so far still the same. anyone else having this issue and know what to do about it? It's not like i have a old or cheap crappy phone. Funny thing is I used my old Galaxy S9+ with my friends Mini 2 several times and had no problems back in Jan and Feb.
Same issue here with honor phone...works fine with DJI Go 4 app for my Mavic 2 pro...but DJI Fly app crashes with mini 2. It reboots in a few seconds but not happy because it causes breaks in video recording ☹️
Hopefully DJI will sort ....?

I assume you have all other apps closed? Try putting the phone in airplane mode...

I want to update everyone. I went to fly my drone last Saturday and flew for probably about 7-10 trains flying about 5-15 mins each time and i don't think the app crashed once. I use my drone for aerial shots of the trains as i take pics and vids of trains.

I want to update everyone. I went to fly my drone last Saturday and flew for probably about 7-10 trains flying about 5-15 mins each time and i don't think the app crashed once. I use my drone for aerial shots of the trains as i take pics and vids of trains.
Had you changed anything to solve this issue ?

Reactions: Altanore
Tried stopping all background apps and flew for 40 mins today...still one app crash in that time ☹️ ...I see there is an app update out..v4... will see if that helps...

I use a Samsung S7 Edge...DJI app used to crash all the time on me. I switched to Litchi about a year ago...no issues.

just want to follow up. I noticed lately that the Fly app crashes the most when the signal levels are weak. sometimes 2 times in a row until my signal improves. has anyone noticed the app crashes the most when the signal levels are weak?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000