DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly app not compatible

Heijst

Reactions
I use my Galaxy Tab A (SM-T380, Android 9)) to fly my MA with the the DJI GO 4 app and that works great.
For my new MA 2 I tried to install DJI Fly, but that is not possible (incompatible).
Any suggestions what to do best?
Thanks for helping.

For the Fly App, you need not only a 64-bit hardware device but also a 64-bit version of Android. It has been discussed here that the T380 does not work with DJI Fly. The T290 however does, for example, although you need to side-load the .apk file as the T290 does not have enough RAM (2GB only). But after this is works well. Check the Mavic Mini forum for that as the MM also uses the Fly app. Lots of discussions about usable tablet/phones there,

You can pick up a cheap Onn tablet from Walmart or a Galaxy SM-T290. Try doing a search here.

you will need a 64 bit operating system for the fly app to work
i only use ipad so other than that i do not know what android devices would be suitable im afraid

Reactions: old man mavic
Sorry for bumping an old thread but it somehow covers my question.
I couldn't find DJI Fly App in a Google Play Store so I got a little bit worried that my phone might not be good enough for the DJI Mini 2 that I'm planning to buy.
I've managed to find and install an .apk from DJIs site.The app seems to be working - everything what I can check without owning a drone - is there and app is stable.

Does it mean that after buying a drone - I won't have problems with flying? Or the issue of an app not being in Store means that I will run into problems because my phone might be missing something?

It's all fine, just DJI don't want to distribute their apps through the Play store anymore (or can't because the current versions break some PS rules).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52