DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji fly App

stikflote

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hello,
Do all drones have use the DJI fly App ,or is their other drones that dont need the DJI App,
because it seems the DJI App cost £60

• Wow
Reactions: LoudThunder
I was talking about other makes of drones ive been told some of the makes have a
more simple app for flying
Speaking to a a gentleman flying a Potensic Atom on park today ,
please remember im a very new pilot

• Wow
I was talking about other makes of drones ive been told some of the makes have a
Speaking to a a gentleman flying a Potensic Atom on park today ,
please remember im a very new pilot
Depending on which Potensic Drone Model the "gentleman" was flying probably will determine which App is appropriate for him to use… Probably no DJI App would work, so the gentleman should go to the Potensic Web Site and download the right one…

Download Center

Do all drones have use the DJI fly App ,or is their other drones that dont need the DJI App,
DJI drones need the appropriate DJI app to fly.
For all DJI consumer drones released in the last few years, that app is DJI Fly.
You download the app from DJI and it's free.

Only DJI drones use DJI apps.
Drones from other manufacturers use their own apps.

There are a lot of cheap and simple drones that use simple apps.

The correct DJI Fly is still available at Apple's App store. That's where I got mine.
Ahh, I did look in the App Store before posting that comment and couldn't find the app but the search was made via this Mac.
Maybe the App Store only shows those Apps that are relevant to the device that is running the search.

Reactions: MavicAir2Marc
Ahh, I did look in the App Store before posting that comment and couldn't find the app but the search was made via this Mac.
Maybe the App Store only shows those Apps that are relevant to the device that is running the search.
It is true the App Store will only show apps that can be downloaded to your device and it's usually iPhone or iPad, or both. Or Touch.

But unless it's a really old iPhone, usually the DJI Fly app can work (or at least is said to be compatible) on a ton of Apple products, you just have to update the software first:

edited

Last edited:
  • Wow
Hello,
There's a lot of very good advice in the comments already posted. What make and model of drone are you starting to use?
The more recent DJI drones (MINI series, AIR2, AIR2S etc use DJI FLY. Those that are 4 years and older use DJI GO4 (MAVIC PRO/PRO PLATINUM, MAVIC 2). Drones older still use DJI GO. As already stated, these apps for both ANDROID and APPLE devices are free to download from the DJI website. Don't pay for anything.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1