DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly Away Coverage

Does anyone know if or when this coverage will be available with the Mavic 2 Pro? I also have the Smart Controller.
If you want fly away coverage your best bet is to get a policy with State Farm which will at least cover you if you're flying recreationally. I have both Care/Refresh for my M2P and the SF policy. I pay $60/year which includes both my M2P and Mini2. Not only does it cover fly away, but theft, not only of the drone, but the whole kit! DJI's fly-away coverage for the Mini isn't cheap. In addition to the $49 you pay annually for the Mini 2, DJI charges a $255 deductible for replacement. Essentially they're selling you a replacement drone ala carte at a pro-rata retail price as they are only replacing the drone, not the controller or other accessories you might have attached. While I could use SF coverage for crash repairs, I'm told that they cancel the policy after the first claim. But it's cheap enough and true insurance for a $2000 kit if you have extra batteries and stuff that comes with the FMC. Unfortunately they do not cover it if in use commercially.

Reactions: DBT_Drone
I have DJI Care/Refresh for my M2P, was wondering if they would someday add Fly Away to it. Was thinking about getting State Farm insurance, but after one claim they kill the coverage? Seems harsh for one incident.......I could see that if you did it multiple times.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke