DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly cast to Epson BT-300 without the need for wi-fi connection only the devices connected to each other

Think this would work with iOS? It appears there is an app for iOS or does it all have to be android?

Think this would work with iOS? It appears there is an app for iOS or does it all have to be android?
EDIT: Further research shows you can do iOS to iOS, not sure on iOS to Android. I have sent out an email to ask.

I have got the apowermirror casting to work with a Ipad mini 4 and the BT-300, there are a few extra steps where you have to change the screen mirroring settings on the Ipad to use apowermirror, but this is explained in the app when you get the two devices connected.

The epson bt-300 has to be in detect mode before you searching for the apowermirrior connection from the ipad app.

Latency is not as low as the android solution because you can't set a local hotspot unless you have a cellular service on the ipad. It usable if you use the ipad to fly and the epson for a third party viewer.

well that is a bummer. I do have an iPad mini 4 cellular but I don’t have a Sim card in it anymore. It still will not let you make a network. So you must have to have the service in order to do it

DJI Spark uses DJI Go 4 app, 32 bits Android
DJI Mini 2 uses DJI Fly app, 64 bits Android
BT-300 only works with 32 bits applications...
So, NO!

Unless you use it like me:
- DJI Fly on smartphone/tablet (must be 64 bits Android smartphone)
- ApowerMirror on smartphone
- Wifi thetering on smartphone (best use 5 GHz)
- use of Wifi signal of smartphone on BT-300
- ApowerMirror on BT-300
- screen mirror from smartphone to BT-300 (ApowerMirror)
- BT-300 only used now as a display
Works perfectly for me! (also for DJI Go 4 I use it now)

DJI Spark uses DJI Go 4 app, 32 bits Android
DJI Mini 2 uses DJI Fly app, 64 bits Android
BT-300 only works with 32 bits applications...
So, NO!

Unless you use it like me:
- DJI Fly on smartphone/tablet (must be 64 bits Android smartphone)
- ApowerMirror on smartphone
- Wifi thetering on smartphone (best use 5 GHz)
- use of Wifi signal of smartphone on BT-300
- ApowerMirror on BT-300
- screen mirror from smartphone to BT-300 (ApowerMirror)
- BT-300 only used now as a display
Works perfectly for me! (also for DJI Go 4 I use it now)
Thanks, I'm going to give it a try.

As for gear.
I have a Samsung Galaxy 7 which is 64 bit.
I also have a very new cheap Blu, phone, and have no idea what it's running. But I bought it for the screen size.
Mini Ipad 4 but no cellular.

Don't have a sim for any phone though, only use cheap flip tracphone.

I have the BT-300s when using my Spark. Now wondering if this will work on my Mini 2.

I haven't been able to get the Litchi version (Amazon app) that supports the MM to run, I have been able to install it on the BT-300 but it won't run, it's missing something on initialisation.

Maybe it's a N00b question, but does the android unit even need to have cellular service? it appears to be local-only connections

No, it's only a local connection between the phone and the BT-300 using the wifi hotspot set up on the phone, so you don't need to have a cellular service on android.

I believe on an iphone/ipad you need a cellular service running to set up the hotspot in the first place.

Last edited:
EDIT: Further research shows you can do iOS to iOS, not sure on iOS to Android. I have sent out an email to ask.

At the moment my issue is with setting up the hotspot, as I'm using an ipad mini 4 to cast you need a cellular service to set up the hotspot.

The casting from the ipadmini 4 to the BT-300 works if you have both connected to the same wireless network (home or portable), but I suspect this would introduce some latency when you aren't connected directly through the hotspot which bypasses the internet.

Hi all

Been experimenting with the Epson BT-300 and casting DJI Fly from an android device (Samsung S8) without both devices being connected to wi-fi network (internet)
This solution allows you to have only the BT-300 glasses/ controller box and your phone in the field using the mobile hotspot from the phone/tablet to connect them
It will allow you to see the camera view from DJI Fly so you can fly both the Mavic Air 2 and the Mavic Mini using the glasses with acceptable latency.
Much simpler solution than using ATV and extra battery packs etc.

Here are the steps to setting it up.

1) Download and install Apowermirror apk onto the Epson BT-300, I used apkpure.com via the BT-300 internal browser

2) Download and install Apowermirror on your phone/tablet from the google play store

3) Set up a mobile hotspot on your phone / tablet and turn it on

4) Turn off wi-fi on your phone/tablet and turn off mobile data as well.

5) On the Epson BT-300 go into wi-fi settings and connect to your phone/ tablet hotspot (usually called "Android AP")

6) On the Epson BT-300 open up Apowermirror

7) On the phone/tablet open up Apowermirror and tap the cast button, you should see it search and then find the Epson BT-300 as device, tap on it to select it

8) Power up the MM connect it to the RC and phone etc. and run the DJI Fly app
This can be done at anytime as your merely mirroring the screen

9) You should then see the phone/tablet mirrored to the BT-300, so when your in DJI Fly camera view you'll see the whole flight screen as a massive 80in screen in the sky.

Testing so far
  • Will allow Mavic Air 2 and Mavic Mini pilots to use the Epson BT-300 glasses
  • Latency in testing is good with no significant delay in the video feed to the Epson bt-300
  • Haven't had much interference issues affecting the mobile hotspot as the both devices are so close together
  • Not sure if the solution is using the cellular link on the phone, but as you have turned off mobile data it should not have an impact
  • Still have to look down at the phone/tablet screen to make DJI Fly changes
  • Works with Litchi Beta (Mavic Mini support) running on a android phone/tablet as your just mirroring the screen
  • Wireless casting to the BT-300 should work with the CS using Dronelink, but I don't like this app for free flight
don't know what happened but i was using this method for some months, and it worked great and now the mirroring shut down after 3-4 minutes

don't know what happened but i was using this method for some months, and it worked great and now the mirroring shut down after 3-4 minutes

Must be the new version of Apower Mirror 1.7.26, released on the 4th of Feb, did you update it on either the phone or the BT-300 ?

You might need to update it on both devices or maybe try side-loading an earlier version back onto the device that was updated.

I did not upgrade mine to the latest version on both devices and it still works as normal with the BT-300 glasses.

Last edited:
Reactions: pelagic_one
I have the BT-300s when using my Spark. Now wondering if this will work on my Mini 2.

You can cast DJI Fly to the BT-300 when you using it on an android phone, as I've outlined in post 1

Hi all

Been experimenting with the Epson BT-300 and casting DJI Fly from an android device (Samsung S8) without both devices being connected to wi-fi network (internet)
This solution allows you to have only the BT-300 glasses/ controller box and your phone in the field using the mobile hotspot from the phone/tablet to connect them
It will allow you to see the camera view from DJI Fly so you can fly both the Mavic Air 2 and the Mavic Mini using the glasses with acceptable latency.

1) Download and install Apowermirror apk onto the Epson BT-300, I used apkpure.com via the BT-300 internal browser

2) Download and install Apowermirror on your phone/tablet from the google play store

5) On the Epson BT-300 go into wi-fi settings and connect to your phone/ tablet hotspot (usually called "Android AP")

7) On the phone/tablet open up Apowermirror and tap the cast button, you should see it search and then find the Epson BT-300 as device, tap on it to select it

9) You should then see the phone/tablet mirrored to the BT-300, so when your in DJI Fly camera view you'll see the whole flight screen as a massive 80in screen in the sky.

Testing so far
  • Latency in testing is good with no significant delay in the video feed to the Epson bt-300
  • Haven't had much interference issues affecting the mobile hotspot as the both devices are so close together
  • Not sure if the solution is using the cellular link on the phone, but as you have turned off mobile data it should not have an impact
  • Works with Litchi Beta (Mavic Mini support) running on a android phone/tablet as your just mirroring the screen
  • Wireless casting to the BT-300 should work with the CS using Dronelink, but I don't like this app for free flight
Will this work with apple phones? I notice all reference is to android.

Have any used their BT300 with the 35's HDMI control box? That has given new life to the BT300 for me, used as a viewable screen for both app & Craft. No transmission setup or apps. Curious how it compared?

Granted, it won't work with standard Mini2 controller, requires the Smart controller for HDMI. I use it with Inspire 2, Matrice and P4P.
Haven't tried the Mini 2 or MA2 yet.

It's another solution to keep the BT300 functional. Personally, I found the BT300's Android Box to be very limited in apps & performance.

Casting as you're doing or using BT35 HDMI control box... both great ways to not use the limited Android Controller and obtain Heads Up screen.

Reactions: f13dfx
Hi all

Testing so far
Hi
I've followed the instructions above but not getting a lot of success with my Samsung Galaxy S8.
I install Apowermirror on the android phone from the playstore.
I installed Apowermirror.apk on to my BT-300's.
I connect the BT-300 to my phones wifi hotspot then run the apps and cast to the BT-300
It runs but the image on the BT300 is all broken lines and my S8 goes almost unresponsive and thats without running any other software.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Hi
I've followed the instructions above but not getting a lot of success with my Samsung Galaxy S8.
I install Apowermirror on the android phone from the playstore.
I installed Apowermirror.apk on to my BT-300's.
I connect the BT-300 to my phones wifi hotspot then run the apps and cast to the BT-300
It runs but the image on the BT300 is all broken lines and my S8 goes almost unresponsive and thats without running any other software.
Any ideas?
Thanks
I think you have to create the hotspot with your BT-300 Android controller/touchpad. Then turn ON the WiFi on your Samsung Galaxy S8 and connect to the BT-300 hotspot. After doing this, you run ApowerMirror on both devices. Hit the circle to mirror your S8 and you will see a device called Apowersoft EMBT4 (this may be different in your case) but you basically connect to it. Once you do, you should be mirroring in your BT-300 glasses. Hope this helps!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98